Chapter 72 - 『Please Come Back Home』

Looking around, Wei Ying doesn't know whether he should laugh or cry at his own misery.

"Did you heard? The Yunmeng Jiang Clan had put a bounty on their top disciple's head."

"It's is quite the large amount of money for finding him."

"What do you think did he do to have such a large amount of money on his head?"

Maybe Jiang Cheng had really wanted to kill him in vengeance.

"But you know, it was emphasized that Wei Wuxian is to be brought alive. Maybe death was too easy of a punishment for him."

That thought slipped past Wei Ying's mind, making him nod his head nonchalantly.

"Tsk. You don't even know the rumors circling around? They say he'd already gone mad from using demonic cultivation and killed his own brother in cold blood!"

"For real? The Wei Wuxian I knew is quite fond of his brother that he'd rather kill himself than Jiangshuai-zun."

Atleast someone was there to side with him, though it is also true that he killed his own brother because he was asked to.

"Even Hanguang-jun is searching for him like a madman."

Wei Ying felt a bit guilty for hearing those words, but he knew that Lan Zhan won't do any good if he's with him all the time.

For all he knows, he might go into a rampage due to the Stygian Tiger Tally that was being hidden in his pocket.

"That is why I said he went mad. You know the teachings, using resentful energy erodes one's mind."

While that is also true, he is trying his best to not let the ghosts get into his mind while repeatedly humming the song his brother had made just for him.

And maybe the song Lan Zhan had played for him back when they sought refuge at the time in Lotus Pier.

As he drank the wine left in his cup, he gulped it all down like a parched man as he stood up, leaving the tavern as he fixed his hat to cover his face.

He's a wanted man now after all.

Just before he could walk away from his table, the doors in the entrance of the tavern was slammed open.

"Get out while I'm still asking nicely, Wei Wuxian."

It was Xue Yang.

There was a clamor on the first floor of the tavern, considering that the topic of their conversation was among them all along.

"One."

Wei Ying could feel his sweat drop at how fast they managed to track him down.

But then again, it has been several weeks.

"Two."

Wei Ying simply looks down from the second floor, and he could feel himself shivering the moment the two of them made eye contact.

"Three."

The moment Xue Yang uttered the number, he disappeared in a blink of an eye. And as for Wei Ying, he immediately flipped the table where he was dining on earlier and started running away.

Wei Ying could hear the table hitting someone, and he foolishly hopes that it was Xue Yang since that brat can easily relocate his limbs if it was mangled from the hit.

Not that it eased his guilt.

"Why are you running away, you damn coward?"

Wei Ying was sure that if Xue Yang could still feel, he would scream in pain while glaring at him.