Chapter 35 - 『The Wrath And Pain That Overwhelms From Within』

+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+

Content warning ahead:
Heavy angst, gore, blood, violence, multiple character deaths.

Please read at your own risk.

+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+

"Your Majesty, King Alver Crossman is entering!"

Alver sighed, trying to calm his nerves as he focused at the person beside him.

"Young Master Cale of Henituse Duchy is entering!"

The gigantic doors in front of them opened, revealing the sworn Brothers to everyone inside the room.

"Let's go, hyung-nim."

And they indeed walked, holding an air of higher nobilty as Cale only looked straight ahead of him.

Everyone bowed in greeting of the new king, as Cale only nodded and waited for Alver.

Soon enough, nobles flocked around Alver and Cale making the redhead frown to himself as he clicked his tongue in annoyance.

Many asked for Cale's hand, both in marriage and to his first dance. Thankfully, Eruhaben came close and stood beside the redhead like a bodyguard.

"It's a surprise that you're still here." Eruhaben initiates, teasing the redhead.

"It's hyung-nim's banquet after all, I should be here as a good little brother." Cale says, even though he wants to find the nearest chair available and chug a whole bottle of wine.

"You're doing great then. How about dancing?" Eruhaben smiles.

"You're inviting me to dance?"

The previous smile in the gold dragon's face turned into a frown before he sighed.

"Not me you unlucky bastard. Aren't you gonna dance with your daughter? She'll have her debut in the society soon enough."

That was true, considering Ohn will turn thirteen in several months.

"I should ask mother for preparing events like that." Cale mutters to himself, already planning the grandest debut for his child.

Eruhaben could feel his eyebrow twitch before pushing the redhead as light as possible, "Go dance with her first, you idiot."

As Cale kneads his shoulder that was pushed by Eruhaben(he's frail and the man is a damn dragon alright), he looked around before he found his three children at a table filled with food.

"Human! Why are you here?" Raon asks, swallowing the chocolate he's just eating.

Cale scrunched his nose, "How many chocolates did you eat just now?"

Raon looks everywhere except for the redhead's eyes, "Two..."

Hong then interjects, "Two bowls that is nya!"

Raon let out a scandalous gasp, feeling wronged, "And you ate three bowls of jellies!"

"Atleast that bowl was smaller than yours nya!"

Before the two could fight more, Ohn had already intervened, "That's enough. Do you need anything, Cale?"

Cale squint his eyes at the two younger children first, "No cookies for the whole week, and brush your teeth thoroughly later."

Before Hong and Raon could whine, they immediately shuts up with a stern stare from the redhead and their noona.

Just then, the orchestra started playing a song as Cale bows slightly, offering his hand to Ohn.