Chapter 95 - 『The New Elder Of Yunmeng』

Cale could feel his sweat drop at the attention he's receiving.

"It is an honor to finally meet you, Jiangshuai-zun."

Who...exactly is this man?

"...Yes..?"

The man clad in white clothing simply laughed, finding the redhead's confusion amusing.

Xiao Xingchen settles his cup down on the table, sniffing since he's having a runny nose due to the cold weather.

Cale scratches his neck, unsure on why the older would want to meet him.

Both sat in an awkward position, considering they don't know how to start a conversation.

Xiao Xingchen wonders what he should talk, he's not used to conversing in other people considering there's only a few disciples along with him under Baoshan Sanren's guidance.

"...Well, do you accept disciples?"

The redhead blinks for a while, knitting his eyebrows.

"...Aren't you supposed to be asking if there's a vacant position for a Jiang Elder?"

Xiao Xingchen almost spat his tea in shock. Thankfully, he managed to stop himself and giggles then.

Cale couldn't believe how easy it is to make the latter laugh.

"Should I? As far as I know, the Sect Leader is the one who appoints the Elders."

The redhead visibly frowns at him, not noticing that the snowfall outside is reducing.

"If you know that, why are you asking me?"

Xiao Xingchen shrugs, "Because you are the Sect Leader's aide?"

Cale humors him then, "Former. It was just a powerless title to scare people off."

To scare people like Xiao Xingchen himself, he thinks.

"Well, do you plan on taking students?"

Just the simple thought of it brings a headache in Cale.

"How about you do it? You seem more experienced than me."

Xiao Xingchen then spoke nonchalantly, "Nonsense. You have more experience considering you fought in a war."

His words brought visible tension on the redhead, the snow outside almost turning into a blizzard as Xiao Xingchen bit his tongue as a self punishment.

"...I'm sorry. I crossed the line there, didn't I?"

Curse his inexperience in talking to people.

Cale blinks, the snow outside slowly calming, "It's fine. Would you like more tea?"

Xiao Xingchen politely smiles, his earlier cheeky demeanor is gone, "Much appreciated."

As Cale pours both of their cups with hot tea, Sect Leader Jiang arrived while heaving deep breaths.

"...A-Xun...haahhh..."

Cale shook his head before blowing his drink, "Take your time to breath first, Sect Leader Jiang."

After a while, Jiang Fengmian managed to calm himself. His lungs are still not used to snow, thank you very much.

"Who is this gentleman, A-Xun?" Sect Leader Jiang asks when he finally noticed Xiao Xingchen's presence.

Cale blinked again, finally remembering that he didn't get to know the latter's name.

Xiao Xingchen who noticed this, soon introduced himself.