Chapter 23 -『The Victory Feast Will Be Upon Us』

"The Sect Leaders of Yunmeng Jiang, Lanling Jin, Qinghe Nie, and Elder Lan Qiren of Gusu are entering!"

The four prominent individuals started walking to their own seats, Nie Mingjue clicking his tongue when he sees the arrangement of the seats.

"Calm your temper, Sect Leader Nie." Lan Qiren says while caressing his goatee.

"He acts as if he was the leader of all Sects." Nie Mingjue spats, holding his temper in.

"Indeed. But what can we do? He gobbled up all three Sects under his command. Maybe that's why he doesn't care about acting docile around us now." Lan Qiren spoke.

"That's good then. I'm tired of his fake diplomacy after all." Sect Leader Nie says before sitting in one of the seats lower than the one in front.

Just then, Jiang Fengmian walks beside Lan Qiren who just sighed.

"At this point, it doesn't matter where we sit. But I'm quite curious to see who else is sitting at the seat of honor beside Wen Ruohan?"

The moment Jiang Fengmian finishes his statement and sat down beside Lan Qiren, Wen Chao's arrival was soon announced.

"Second Young Master Wen has arrived!"

Wen Chao walked towards the seat of honor with an air of arrogance around him.

"Looks like that answered your question, Sect Leader Jiang." Nie Mingjue says before rolling his eyes.

"But Sect Leader Nie, there are two seat of honor."

Everyone around them went silent at that remark.

"Maybe it's for Wen Xu?" Jin Guangshan says.

The subject was then dropped.

"Such arrogance and indifference to courtesy only forecasts rebellion." Lan Qiren says, putting down his cup as he side eyes Wen Chao who smirks while looking down.

"Our great leader has arrived!"

Everyone looked at Wen Ruohan who showed himself, an air of authority and haughtiness around him.

The disciples of Qishan Wen then kneeled.

"The majesty of Sect Leader Wen shakes the four seas, and he will live as long as heaven and earth as he shines like the sun and moon!"

The other disciples bowed in greeting before Wen Ruohan's voice could be heard.

"All rise."

Amongst the disciples of Yunmeng, Jiang Cheng and Wei Ying were frantic.

"Where the hell is gege?!" Jiang Cheng sharply whispered to Wei Ying, looking around in search for a certain redhead.

"He just disappeared! How would I know?!" Wei Ying snarks back.

Lan Wangji who was beside their lane sent a glare to the two, making them shut up.

Just then, Jiang Cheng and Wei Ying's question were answered when hushed whispers started going around them.

"Is thatㅡ"

"That red hair..."

"It's the Genius of Yunmeng Jiang."

"The top disciple of Yunmeng, Wei Wuxian's older brother."

The announcer almost tripped himself before announcing the redhead's arrival.

"The aide of Yunmeng Jiang, Wei Xianghuan has arrived!"

The ornaments loudly dangled throughout, the crown-like decoration felt tight and heavy in the red hair as his black robes followed him like waves in an ocean. His footsteps light but it was exuding such sound that will make you look at him with no other choice.