Chapter 57 - 『A Life For A Life』

It feels suffocating, like someone had punched the air out of his lungs and replaced it with rage and agonizing grief

"Xue Yang, wake up."

Those words were slowly spoken at first, before it became harsher the more Wei Ying had tugged the shoulders of the cold body in his lap.

Why is it that even in this second life of his, Wei Ying still failed to save someone he holds...dear.

Dear, huh?

Though a part of him blames whoever God that put him in such a situation.

To place him in an another life is indeed a blessing itself, but removing the memories of his life before regression is a curse.

"The great Wei Wuxian can actually make such a ridiculous face!" He heard someone say, a bastard, to be preferably called.

Wei Ying simply stared at the man before Jin Zixun froze, scared and trembling like a helpless, pitiable dog in front of a beast far more superior than him.

That bastard have no right to talk. No, he doesn't even have the right to live for killing Xue Yang.

Although ironically, the same could be said for Wei Ying.

After all, he was famously known as the Yiling Patriarch in his previous life. Famed as a murderer and an evil incarnate himself when all he is made of is kindness and good, just wanting to save people like those in the heroic tales.

"Why do you always want to save everyone, even if that person did evil?"

Wei Ying stills, quite surprised at the sudden onslaught of an unfamiliar memory in his head.

At the same time, he played Chenqing to will the corpses in attacking other of their species.

"...We...no, mortals like me have no right to be the judge of such acts unlike a God like you."

How funny.

"Even if that means no one will save you in return?"

"..."

Yes, Wei Ying wants to say.

"Wei Wuxian. You always save everyone, but who saves you?"

A sight of predatory eyes turned to look at Wei Ying, Jin Zixun doing the same as a horrendous idea came to his mind.

"Haha, should I had become more sociable for other people to care and save me?"

Even this time, it seems that no one will save him.

"...I'm here."

The unknown monster growled, its entire existence appearing in front of him that made Wei Ying's skin crawl in fear.