Chapter 106 - 『To You Who Believed In Me』

"Xue Yang! You're back."

To say that Xue Yang is quite surprised to see Xiao Xingchen and A-Qing together waiting is understandable.

Xiao Xingchen twirled him around, checking if all his skin, bones and limbs are intact.

"What am I, a child? Besides, the sun just went down so it is not that late."

Before Xiao Xingchen could reprimand him with his tone, all of them could hear Song Lan speak.

"Aren't you one? Earlier, you didn't want to let goㅡpuhk!"

Xue Yang kicks him on the knee, hearing a small crack that he didn't care of Song Lan broke something. As long as he shuts up, then everything will be fine.

"Shut the fuck up, will you?"

At the same time, A-Qing decided to join in the conversation.

"Aww, is the youngest shy?"

Xue Yang mustered up a glare, making A-Qing simply mirror his expression as a tease.

"You too, shut up. I'm older than you."

"How do you even know?"

"I'm already twenty, brat."

Lies.

"Well I am already twenty five!"

"Don't lie, you're just fifteen!"

A-Qing clicks her tongue in annoyance, making Xue Yang snicker before he stops.

Now that he thought about it, the bickering between the two of them made Xue Yang remember something from the distant past.

They would always fight like a cat and a dog back then too, when Xiao Xingchen isn't listening at them.

But then again, the two will always find a way to snarl at one another regardless if Xiao Xingchen was listening or not.

"You look young for someone who's twenty." Song Lan shares his opinion, placing his hand easily atop of Xue Yang's head to emphasize his point.

Xue Yang steps at his foot in retaliation then, "And you look old for someone who is in their early thirties."

Before another fight breaks out, Xiao Xingchen intervened.

"I believe we haven't met yet. May I have the pleasure to know your name?"

He successfully ceased the fight between the two, Song Lan looking at him in bewilderment while Xue Yang raised his stiff eyebrow.

"This one is named Song Lan, courtesy name, Song Zichen."

Xiao Xingchen nods in acknowledgement before returning the greeting.

"And I am named Xiao Xingchen, this one hails from Yunmeng Jiang Sect."

Xue Yang could feel his fingers twitch when Xiao Xingchen proudly said those words.

A-Qing gasps then, "Yunmeng? As in that Yunmeng Jiang?"

Xue Yang squints his eyes, "Do you have a probㅡ"

"Can I visit? Daozhang can I? I want to meet Jiangshuai-zun!"

...Eh?

Why does she look excited when Xue Yang is sure that she must have heard the malicious rumors circling the entire cultivation world?

"Why do you want to meet him, A-Qing?" Xiao Xingchen politely asks, also shocked that she wants to meet the redhead.

"I wanted to thank him! And I also want to ask if I can meet Young Mistress Jiang!"