Chapter 45 - 『Alver Crossman』

The first time Alver had laid his eyes on the redhead, it was when he was talking to Wen Ruohan during the discussion conference.

An esteemed guest who have the same peculiar hair color as him, a difference amidst a world where the common hair and face was that one similar to Choi Han's.

Soon enough, he watches the redhead take a seat in one of the seats of honor.

Interesting enough, Alver couldn't take his eyes off the man.

Even though he was hidden away, it didn't stop him from staring at the man and how familiar he smirks while playing a chess Alver taught to Wen Ruohan.

"Checkmate."

That sole word gave him a triumphant feeling of joy.

The second time he saw the redhead, he stabbed him straight to the heart with unwillingness.

Alver was someone who prioritizes the choice in the top most part of his list. He wants to go home, where Choi Han should be waiting along with the rest of their families.

Home where Raon, Ohn, and Hong are. Home, where his lover is.

He deeply misses Choi Han.

He doesn't belong in such world, and he figured it was the same with the redhead who was now looking at him with stupor.

It was supposed to be easy, just simply kill the man that goes by the name of Wei Xun or Wei Xianghuan as what Wen Chao had ordered him to, then he's simply one step away in going back home.

But fate is such a cruel one.

The man he stabbed reached to caress his cheeks...confusion etched in Alver's face.

"Hyung...nim...?"

Alver found it hard to breathe. He found it hard to move.

Who is this man to know such language of his home?

Who is this man to call him hyung-nim?

Who is he to call him such words filled with surprise but it was also filled with that of hidden affection?

Just who?

"I pray that somewhere, in another timeline or universe, you would continue to exist."

Such familiar voice yet foreign clusters of words echoed at the back of his mind.

"Who are you?" He asks, no recognition could be seen in his eyes as Wei Xun shuddered.

It was such a simple question, but why is that it left such a painful guilt in his chest?

How suffocating.

Yet he couldn't stop himself from asking more.

"How do you know that language?"

Truly, how?

The redhead let out several wheezes and gasps, like he is also finding it hard to breath just like Alver.

It surprised him that such man managed to get ahold of his Taerang, he even had the strength to push it further to his flesh of heart.

Alver swallowed the word, 'stop' that attempted to come out from his throat.

"Your Highness Alver Crossman. How the hell are you here?"

How? That was also one of the question he had already answered long enough for the years he had been forcefully lived in the cultivation world.

"Youㅡ!"