Chapter 26 - 『Such A Wonderful Yet Lonely Sight』

By the time that Cale had finally woke up in his room in Lotus Pier, a week and a half had already passed by since the burning of Cloud Recesses.

And apparently, the infant that was drooling in his stomach is called Jingyi.

"I'm glad you're finally awake." Someone says, making Cale look at the source of the voice as he slowly sat up, mindful of the infant that was playing his robes.

"And I see that you've already healed, Qingheng-Jun." He retorts, looking at the infant and the old man.

"If you're wondering why I let Jingyi wander around you, don't ask me. I'm just doing what Lan Xichen says."

Cale furrows his eyebrows, noticing what the man was doing.

"Why are you peeling lotus seeds?" He couldn't help but ask.

"My, what a good question. My sons have taken quite the liking to eating them you see, so I'm peeling some for them after their work."

Cale blinks, the sound of goo goo ga ga fell deaf to his ears as his arms encircled around the child in instinct.

"Work? What work?"

Qingheng-Jun just smiles, making Cale look at him in confusion.

"Hunting water ghouls with your brothers."

The redhead nods, though he doesn't know why there was still an unsettling feeling inside him.

Qingheng-Jun then continued, "Without using boats that is. They went manual."

Cale choked both in his spit and from Jingyi who pressed his weight against a weak muscle in his stomach.

"Manual? You couldn't perhaps mean that one?!"

By what Cale means as manual, is that you hunt water ghouls while only swimming around and holding your breath for as long as possible or you're dead the minute you lost your air underwater.

It was one of the most vicious training methods of Yunmeng Jiang. Just remembering how he managed to finish that tutelage still surprises him until now.

Qingheng-Jun just shrugs like he doesn't care about his sons, "I can't do anything if it is the Sect Leader's punishment to them. Isn't that right, Sect Leader Jiang?"

The redhead felt a presence behind, which is quite odd and not at the same time since a window is situated behind him.

Cale felt a cold shiver run down his spine, cold sweat started running down from his forehead.

"Look who decided to finally wake up." Jiang Fengmian says in an ominous tone, making Cale flinch as he robotically looks at the Sect Leader.

"Haha, good morning Sect Leader Jiang." Cale says, willing himself to not stutter and look away from the man.

Qingheng-Jun just smiles.

"It's already dusk, you brat." Jiang Fengmian corrects, making Cale continue to sweat cold.

"A-anyways! What's for dinner then?" Cale tries to divert the topic.

Keyword, tries.

"Why did you barge into a battle without telling us first, hmm?" Jiang Fengmian smiles viciously, making Ron's face appear in Cale's mind.

Before Cale could answer, Jiang Fengmian started barraging him with questions and statements, making the redhead have no time to interrupt the Sect Leader in his over thinking.

"Is It because Lan Xichen called you? Or is it because you are worried about him that you didn't have the time to inform us? Do you like him? Who am I kidding, you do like him! How else will you just do waltzing in a burning Cloud Recesses and coming back in his arms, unconscious!"