Chapter 25 -『Where The Clouds Burn With Frolicking Flames』

Waking up, Cale yawns as he stretched his stiff limbs.

Everything was peaceful, inhaling the scent of lotuses and river around him before he remembered what happened yesterday night.

"God damn it." Cale says, the embarrassment overwhelming him.

"Gege!" Wei Ying yells, making Cale flinch before looking at the doorway.

"What now?" The redhead frowns.

"Aiya gege, smile will you. Can I see the parcel? We didn't get to see you open it yesterday."

Cale sighs, waving his hand, "I will, just get out for a while."

"Yes sir!"

The redhead groans, wanting to sleep a little more before he willed himself to get out of his room after dressing himself.

"Gege! Good afternoon!" Xue Yang greets, latching on his waist once again.

Cale looks outside, seeing the sun already up high in the sky.

"Good afternoon, A-Yang. Did you already eat?" The redhead says before patting the child's head.

"I did! Can I have some sweets?"

Cale just sighs softly, pulling a candy in his sleeve and plopped it to Xue Yang's mouth.

"Is It tasty?"

Xue Yang quips, nodding his head in joy.

"I'm glad. Go ahead, it's time for your training isn't it?"

Xue Yang detached himself from Cale as the redhead waved him goodbye.

Walking through the pathways in Lotus Pier, Cale took the time in sight seeing.

The scene in front of his eyes never gets old.

"Gege! You're finally awake." Jiang Cheng says.

"Mn, good afternoon. Where is Wei Ying?" Cale asks, since he just saw him earlier and now he's gone.

"He went to fetch Nie Huaisang, since he wanted to show you the fan you gave him."

Cale hums, rubbing his right eye, "Is that so."

Just as he said that, Wei Ying's voice could be heard from afar making the redhead look at the direction of his yell.

"Gege, did you just wake up? Your eyes are puffy." Nie Huaisang asks in worry.

Cale's eyes squinted when he he heard Jiang Cheng and Wei Ying snicker to themselves, making Nie Huaisang look at them in confusion.

"Yeah, I just woke up." The redhead says in a stern voice, eyeing Jiang Cheng and Wei Ying who looked like they were about to die in stopping their laughter.

Just before Cale could speak, he felt something quiver in his chest.

The redhead grabbed the communication talisman that was hidden in his hanfu.

"Xichen-ge?" Cale asks himself, confused on why Lan Xichen was calling him.

"Oya? I didn't know that you gave Zewu-Jun one of your communication talisman gege." Wei Ying teases, which earned a glare from the redhead.

Before Nie Huaisang could ask about the communication talisman, Cale had already answered the call.

"Xichen-ge, is there a reason why you suddenly calledㅡ"

"A-Huan!"

Cale furrows his eyebrows in confusion, Lan Xichen's voice seemed trembling and another noise was present in the background.