Chapter 39 - 『Wish You Back』

Jiangshuai-zun is actually alive.

That was the rumor that was circulating all around the cultivation world left and right.

A man clad in black and donning a hat covered with veil just calmly sipped his tea as he listened to the clamor and hushed whispers around him.

"The genius of Yunmeng was actually alive!"

"Maybe he'll take revenge on Qishan Wen now."

"A full war against the sun will really happen."

"It already happened a long time ago, idiot! The Jins, Nies, Jiangs, and Lans had already formed an alliance!"

"There's a new key player!"

"Oh! The Chén Xi guy? He was Wen Ruohan's right?"

"Yeah! He allied with Qishan's enemy and was rumored to be wielding a white spear!"

"Spear? Isn't it two white swords?"

"It's daggers!"

"That's Nie Huaisang you dumb idiot!"

He could see those who whisper slap the man in the back as they discreetly pointed at the newly arrived Wens to shit him up, holding an air of murder and authority around them.

"Get out of our table." One of the buff men in Wen clothes orders the veiled man the moment they come close to his table.

He simply follows them, since he's already finished with his tea and listening to the whispers around.

Just as he could walk away, one of them grabbed his arm to stop him.

"Who are you?"

The veiled man clicked his tongue in annoyance, "Let me go if you want to live another day to die in the war, bastards."

It was meant to mock them, and it succeeded.

One of the Wens unsheathes their swords, and it was followed by the rest of them as they aimed it at the veiled man.

The civilians silently ran away from the fight, but some were brave enough to take a peek.

"You're the one who will die today, bastard!"

As they swung their weapons, the man chuckled in a chilling tone.

"Is that so?"

The swords stopped mid air, his hand raised as wind was circulating around them to control their force.

As the veil was swished around, everyone could see the man's face grinning at them wickedly.

One of the people who was peeking let out an awed gasp, immediately recognizing the man for his red hair despite the black strands.

"It's Jiangshuai-zun!"

Cale twirls around to avoid the man's grip, his black hanfu following him as he roundhouse-kicked the man in his head hard enough for him to faint.

"Huu." Cale sighs, actually thanking Jiang Fengmian for his teachings in self defense.

He then backs away when one of the swords escaped from his wind ability, immediately punching the perpetrator in the face.

This continued for a while with Cale having a small crowd of people cheering for him, until the fight had already finished with Cale standing amongst the Wens' bodies as the victor.

Cale then fixed his hat before grabbing a cup and filled it with cold tea, drinking it in one go as he was tired from moving too much.

His stab wound hasn't even completely healed yet.