Chapter 29 - 『The Henituse's Golden Turtle, Now Yunmeng's Xuanwu』

Wei Ying and Jiang Cheng couldn't believe what was happening right before their eyes.

The beast let out a low rumble, like how a whale would sound under the ocean.

"Holy shit." One of the disciples say.

Lan Wangji's eyes shook, remembering the features of the beast from a book he read back in Cloud Recesses.

"That's Xuanwu of Slaughter. Not the real one, but a demi who fed on resentful energy throughout the centuries."

And now, that said beast is growling like a tamed animal in front of the redhead.

The disciples let out a stifled gasp, still staring at the scene that was happening right before their eyes.

Its head neared to Cale, as the redhead slowly reached to pat Xuanwu's head.

The beast let out another low sound, like it was happy.

"I'm not dreaming, aren't I?" Jin Zixuan suddenly asks, which where the others collectively agrees.

"Do you want to check?" Wei Ying asks, still leaning on Jiang Cheng.

Before Jin Zixuan could answer, he was slapped straight in his face by Wei Ying who asked that question then leans back again to Jiang Cheng with a triumphant smile.

"There. This is reality, not a dream. Is it clear now?" Wei Ying says while snickering, which Jin Zixuan could only scowl at him when he sees Lan Wangji glaring at him, as if warning him to not do anything funny.

"If that monster is really the Xuanwu of Slaughter as Second Young Master Lan says, then shouldn't we kill it before it kills us?" A disciple suddenly asks, who now they found that it was Su Minshan.

"Can't you see that Wei Xianghuan had already tamed it? The monster wasn't attacking him at all." A disciple from Ouyang reasons.

"Yeah? Then why isn't he saying a word at all? For all we know the monster have hypnotic ability or something!" Su Minshan, Su She retorts.

The reason why Cale wasn't speaking, is because he was talking to Xuanwu in his head.

- All I remember was chaos. The earth, seas, and sky were burning with unquenchable flames. Your pained cries echoed throughout the barren world with no one to listen to your pleas. Even the Gods who took interest to you, turned their backs on you when you had lost their attention to be their source of entertainment.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?!" Jiang Cheng screams, glaring at Su She who have his bow drawn.

"Trying to save him if possible." Su She states, which earned a scowl from Wei Ying.

"You're gonna kill him! Lan Zhan! Stop hiㅡNO!"

- When you couldn't bear to live anymore, you asked a God to kill you.

The sound of an arrow echoed.

- And they did. You died while I couldn't do anything to protect you, as I was still an inanimate object back then.

Just before Cale could further listen, he felt something sharp hit him on his back.

Xuanwu howled, its head supporting Cale who staggered to him.

- Young Master! What happened? Why do I suddenly smell blood on you?! Young Master Cale!

Xuanwu couldn't see clearly in the cave after all, only relying to its remaining senses as it sharpened its hearing.

"You fucking bastard! Save him? You fucking shot him in the back you prick!" Jiang Cheng screams, not knowing if he should punch the bastard straight into his face or run to where their gege is, leaving Wei Ying.