Chapter 85 - 『An Equivalent Exchange』

"What do you mean by that?"

Cale Henituse, that name has been engraved in his mind ever since he was put into the cultivation world.

"I mean what I said, Choi Han. Or is it that you need more proof to acquisce your suspicions?"

Nonsense, he doesn't even know if Cale Henituse is an ally or an enemy.

Choi Han's sword inched closer against the latter's neck, still not believing anything he's saying.

Jin Guangyao slowly raised his hands, an attempt that he won't to do anything funny as he moved his hands to grab something from his pocket sleeve.

Choi Han was surprised to see a video recording device being held by a person from this world. In fact, it greatly surprised him that there is such thing in a prehistoric world.

"Where did you get that?" He tries to pry and touch the orb on the latter's hands, which only made Jin Guangyao retract the orb.

"Why should I tell you such useful information when you're threatening my life?" Jin Guangyao bargains, rolling the device on his hands.

Choi Han couldn't point his feelings out. A part of him is still suspicious, but a part of him is also curious.

In the end, he sheathed his sword again. If the situation gets reversed, he's sure that he can beat the latter with his brute strength.

"Now, are you willing to tell me?"

Jin Guangyao smiles then, "As I have said earlier, reincarnation is a common belief in this world. And this is already my second take at life."

He was Cale Henituse in his first life, and then Jin Guangyao at the second.

Then, it won't be weird to have a device that may have been his property in his previous life.

Choi Han remained silent, waiting for him to continue.

"When I was Cale Henituse, there is an enemy that is far too strong even for you or all the forces of Rowoon."

Choi Han asks then, "How can I be sure that you are not that enemy you're talking about?"

Jin Guangyao chuckles then, "That is quite simple. Everyone I love should have died already."

Before Choi Han could tell him to elaborate, Jin Guangyao cuts him off.

"...Jiangshuai-zun...on the other hand..."

Who is he talking about now?

Seeing the confused expression on the latter's face, Jin Guangyao simply huffs.

"He is Jiang Cheng's and Wei Wuxian's older brother."

Choi Han furrowed his eyebrows at the mention of two familiar names, before he fell into deep thoughts.

"...Gege?"

Jin Guangyao then hums again, bemused.

"So Wei Wuxian did mention him."

Indeed, so may times that Choi Han couldn't kept count.

"What does he have to do anything about this?"

The moment he says that, Jin Guangyao rolled the device on the table before pouring some spiritual energy in it.

When Choi Han watched the scenes unfolding in the device, it was filled with red.

From fire, from blood, and from the hair of the one responsible for everything that happened in a war he doesn't know.

"Who is he?" Choi Han asks, his hands already cold.