Chapter 30 - 『Xiao Wang And Xuanwu』

Swimming around in Yunmeng Jiang's river atop Xuanwu's back is an exhilarating feeling, Jiang Cheng and Lan Wangji both thought as Cale hums and enjoyed the breeze.

"Oh, right. Our swords." Wei Ying who was now awake, says loud enough.

Jiang Cheng just sighs loudly as he did his best to calm down, fixing his posture since the islet was too rocky for his own taste.

'Xiao Wang.'

Cale closed his eyes as he focused, the clamoring voices also went silent.

- What?

'Where are you?'

Xuanwu then just growls, far too mistrustful towards the former God.

- I'm here at Qishan Wen. Wen Chao is already here, what about you? Did he trapped you in that cave?!

'I'm fine. We're already here at Lotus Pier, so come here. Bring the other swords here too.'

Xiao Wang's voice was silent for a while before speaking again.

- I can't carry the others unless I alter my form.

'Then alter it.'

Cale could already imagine the scowl on Xiao Wang's face, so he just snorts while the others stare at at him with confusion.

- Don't blame me if someone calls you a God's messenㅡwhat the fuck?!

"Hmm?" Cale hums, quite surprised on why the former God was cursing.

"What is it?" Lan Wangji asks when he caught the redhead furrow his eyebrows.

- Just wait for me at the Lotus Pier's wharf!

Cale just shrugs before facing Lan Wangji with a knowing grin, "It's nothing, continue tending my brother."

At that statement alone, Lan Wangji became flustered.

The face might not show anything, but Cale could see how red the younger's ears are.

"Lan Zhan is such a gentleman! Who wouldn't fall for him when he's like this, isn't it gege?" Wei Ying swoons like a young maiden, making Jiang Cheng look at him in disgust.

Cale wants to squish the latter's face at the irony.

"We're here." Lan Wangji speaks in order to divert the topic, hiding his red ears as the redhead just snorts.

Lan Xichen's younger brother was really easy to read just like he said.

Stepping to Lorus Pier's wharf, Cale stretched his back for a while and sighed.

He failed to see the people who was gawking at him and the beast behind him, smiling at the nostalgic smell like he hadn't brought a large turtle with an islet as its shell.

"Let's wait here for a while." The redhead says before easily plucking a lotus stem and ate the seeds.

"Why? We need to tell A-Die to ask those Wen dogs for our swords back." Jiang Cheng says before munching the lotus seed Cale plopped to his mouth.

Before Cale could explain, he could feel Xiao Wang's prescence coming to him like a b meteor.

"Take coㅡ!"

Cale's warning was late as Xiao Wang landed at the edge of the wharf with a pissed look, in his arms were the three swords.

"I'm gonna stab that bastard to his neck repeatedly that he won't get to beg for help." Xiao Wang says with an ominous tone, the crowd that was gawking Cale earlier left hurriedly as it smells like a fight between the cultivators.