Chapter 47 - 『And When The Daylight Comes, I'll Have To Go』

"Dongsaeng."

Alver looks, and so is Cale.

"Hyung-nim."

Cale looks, and so is Alver.

The redhead looks down and simply patted Xuanwu's neck, the beast happily howling at his touch as it leans in even more.

From behind, five people watched them.

"I'm sorry...and thank you."

That phrase alone held many meanings behind it.

I'm sorry because I hurt you.

I'm sorry because I don't want to acknowledge the past we had.

I'm sorry I left you.

"...There is no need for thank you and sorry between us." Cale simply says, feeling serene.

Thank you, because you are living well.

Thank you because you found a place in this world.

Thank you because you found a family that will love you and protect you in the same way you did and will always do.

Thank you, because you can still have the heart to love someone.

"Cale."

The redhead looks at him again, "What is it?"

Alver opens his mouth, before closing it again as he looks behind them.

"...I'll tell you later."

There came again, silence.

Alver then spoke once again, a nostalgic look on his face.

"I built up a large farm over the Forest of Darkness with Raon, Ohn, and Hong tending to it since I no longer the Crown Prince."

Cale flinched at first, before slowly relaxing as he glanced at the blonde.

Alver took it as a sign for him to continue his story.

"Raon never got to be tortured and is happily living with his mother and his older brother. Ohn and Hong were still orphans, but didn't get to experience living in the slums. Choi Han and I adopted them then."

Cale continued to listen.

Lark is happily living with his pack and visits every now and then together with Rosalyn who easily became a Tower Master. The Henituse Family remained a County, but is still in the top most rank of the most wealthy. Eruhaben wanders around from time to time for his remaining time as an ancient dragon.

And Choi Han is doing good, without having to survive in the Forest of Darkness for thousands of years but still maintains his skills.

Just like what Cale had imagined.

"You two are together?" Cale asks in amusement.

Alver simply scoffs as he nudges the redhead's shoulders teasingly, "What? Are you jealous?"

Cale ponders in return for the teasing before speaking.

"No."

It was a firm word, which surprised Alver for a while before he smiles sadly.

"Instead, I was quite contented. Atleast you found solace and affection within each other."

Alver didn't bother to say that Choi Han and him only loved each other because they both felt that something is missing.

And he didn't also bother to say that the whole people who were once under Cale's care was joined together for the same reason as Choi Han and Alver's.

Alver then spoke in Rowoon language.