Chapter 5 - 『Wei Ying, Shijie, And Shidi Gives Gege His Courtesy Name』

"We can appreciate art not for what it's visionally made, but by how the creator put his entire soul in it."

Cale frowns, grumbling pathetically inside his mind by how boring it is.

"Now for the remaining time we have left, please create an epigram that shows how art was made into such an ethereal piece."

The redhead just sighs before pulling out a piece of paper and brush, writing bold strokes of Chinese characters and let it dry under the sun.

"Psst, Xun-ge. Do you have any ideas left?"

Cale looks apathetically at Wei Ying, pitying him since he's still too young to think such broad words to use.

The redhead leans closer to Wei Ying and whispered, "Goodluck, A-Ying."

Wei Ying's face paled, his expression screaming of betrayal as Cale stood up and gave his paper to the teacher.

Even though Jiang Cheng couldn't quite hear what they talked about, he could get the gist of it making him snort to himself.

Wei Ying grabbed another piece of paper filled with doodles and started writing while muttering the words, Jiang Cheng laughing hysterically making the teacher scold him.

"Dear diary, today marks the day that my ever so flawless Xun-ge abandoned me. The betrayal felt bitter in my tongue, like an unripe loquat with its seeds crushed out of its life. But alas, I still adore him as my elder brother."

Cale, who saw the scribbles from Wei Ying since they're seated side by side, couldn't help but frown at how dramatic the younger is.

"Wei Xun! Please get your paper, you can leave to your cultivation training next!"

Cale stands up once again but this time, with his books tuck in his arm.

"Excellent epigram, Wei Xun." The teacher praised, but Cale just nodded, uninterested.

Looking at his paper once again with a one hundred mark in the upper right area, Cale left the pavilion.

The paper crumpled under his hold, but his grip soon softened as he stopped walking in the middle of a pathway inside the Lotus Pier.

Cale looked at his epigram for one last time and recited it to himself out loud.

"You were like a small dot in a white canvas, full of opportunities to be made into a masterpiece with the right brush strokes."

The redhead doesn't know where he heard such phrase even when he still have his record ability, though the way every word was constructed like how smoothly weaving yarn to be made into clothes, it was all too familiar to him.

As Cale softly tucked away his paper, he could hear a distant yell from the pavilion he was in just minutes ago.

"Xun-ge! Wait for us!"

"Lower your voice, there are other disciples taking classes right now dumbass."

But Wei Ying still screamed his lungs out when Cale didn't looked back at them, "Xun-ge!!!"

"A-Xian is being lively today." Jiang Yanli says after arriving beside Cale.

"Children should be lively, Shijie. Good morning."

"A pleasant morning too, A-Xun."

Wei Ying who immediately sees Yanli, proceeds to feign sad and started rambling.

"Shijie! Waaaahhhh, Xun-ge didn't give XianXian ideas in our epigram! Waaaahhhh!"

Couldn't contain his second hand embarrassment, Cale left without talking.