Chapter 22 -『What An Unusual Wen』

"Why the hell am I wearing black clothes when you all wear red robes?!"

Cale snarls, finding his outfit to be too extravagant to his liking.

"Pretty gege, it really suits you!" Xue Yang flatters, sending a thumbs up to the redhead who wants to scream his lungs out.

"That, I agree!" Wei Ying says, surprisingly.

The golden headband in Cale's forehead felt heavy, it feels like he's that one monkey from Journey to the West, Sun Wukong.

As his golden earrings dangled around his shoulders making him wince, he laments on how he wants to rip all the ornaments that was decorated on him.

"What's the use of this blue and red stones?" He asks in curiosity, eyeing Jiang Yanli who rummages around.

"It just suits you, A-Xun. So I put it there for additional decoration."

Sometimes, Cale thinks that his Shijie likes to doll him up for no reason at all and make his life harder than it is.

Out of nowhere, Nie Huaisang who acts like a judge from a contest raises a placard with the Chinese character ten in it.

"There, I think we're ready to go!" Wei Ying says in a bubbly manner.

"You think?" Cale asks in exasperation.

For as far as Cale knows, they are attending an archery competition, not a beauty contest.

Just then, Jiang Cheng enters the room before freezing in his spot when he saw whatever hell Cale was experiencing.

"Woah gege, you look like a protagonist that came out of a novel." Jiang Cheng stiffly says, which only made Cale scowl at him.

"I'd rather be a lazy villain than a damn protagonist." The redhead grumbles, which earned a chuckle from Jiang Yanli and Wei Ying.

Nie Huaisang then spoke like a director you'd see in a movie set, "You'd also suit a villain, gege!"

Xue Yang agrees in that statement, "Yeah! So cool and menacing while beating the hero's ass!"

The child immediately shuts up when Cale looked him with a a warning glare. He still wants to eat thos lotus flower crisps, thank you very much.

"Hah, whatever. Let's just get it done."

Oh boy, he should have not said those words seconds ago now that he sees the look in Jiang Yanli and Wei Ying's face.

"Let's add more, shall we Shijie?"

Jiang Yanli laughs viciously, "We really have the same wavelength, XianXian."

'Oh Your Highness Xie Lian, please help me wherever you are.'

✶⊶⊷⊶⊷❍⊶⊷⊶⊷✶

"Madam Yu sent a letter that your order has been received back in Yunmeng." Jiang Fengmian says to the redhead who have a tired look.

"Please relay my message to her, do not open it unless you want to die. The package is quite dangerous, you see."

The Sect Leader immediately grabs a communication talisman from his sleeve and contacted Madam Yu in no time.

"My Lady! Do not open the package no matter what!" Jiang Fengmian almost screams.

The talisman vibrates, before Madam Yu's voice could be heard.

"Darling, Wei Xun had already instructed me on what to do with the parcel. It's currently tucked away safely in one of our warehouses."

Cale's face scrunched in disgust, already leaving since he couldn't bear to hear the pet names that were being exchanged between the couples.