Chapter 34 - 『Whoever Wears The Crown Shall Bear Its Weight』

The sound of bells echoed throughout every corners of the bustling city, citizens talking to themselves as children laughed amongst themselves.

It was quite common, since it's a coronation for the next king.

Their prince will become a king the moment he takes the oath, festivals will erupt and lanterns will light up the night sky.

Such joyous occasion befitting for the sun of Rowoon Kingdom.

Alver smiled to himself as he checked his reflection through the mirror, Choi Han nodding behind him as the coronation clothes really suit the blonde.

The doors to his room then opened, revealing Cale with a scowling face but donning the most formal clothes he ever wore ever since he transmigrated.

"You owe me a gold plaque for this, hyung-nim."

Alver sighs in exasperation, stopping himself from ruffling his hair and possibly ruin the hard work of his aunt.

"At this point, you'll be more rich than the king."

Cale shrugs, actually liking such idea.

"So what? You're going to be the king, the one who will rule the Rowoon Kingdom."

Choi Han just chuckles before bowing, "I'll excuse myself for a while, I will tend to Raon-nim."

It was the swordsman's way of saying that he'll leave the two to themselves for a short while.

"Aigoo, my dear dongsaeng is looking good for the first time."

Cale scoffs, inching closer to where the blonde is before speaking, "I always look good, hyung-nim."

Alver then huffs, finding it quite admirable that the bastard couldn't feel any embarrassment when he's being narcissistic.

But then again, he's also like that most of the times.

"I hope that everyday is my coronation, so that I'll see you wear such clothes that you find uncomfortable."

Truly, the most difficult clothes that were made look the most beautiful to someone like Cale Henituse.

His clothes were similar to his Commander suit, the only difference was the acanthus leaves that design the edges of the leaves and the very much excessive use of silken ropes around his chest.

And if you move away his coat, you can see a corset already hugging his tiny waist over his usual white blouse.

"For all the things you have to wish for, you want it everyday to be your coronation? It's too tiring." Cale says, frowning.

"A man can only wish, dongsaeng." Alver says before closing his eyes, humming gleefully to himself before opening it again.

The moment he did, he sees the redhead kneeling in front of him before his hand was held by the younger.

"This citizen offers you my utmost devotion and loyalty to the future king of Rowoon Kingdom. May the Gods look over you and the people of this country."

Cale then pressed his lips against Alver's knuckles.

"This sworn brother of yours, offers you my faith and trust. I will do my best to give you my service whenever deemed necessary, unless I'm too lazy."

Alver laughs in disbelief before he felt Cale's lips brush over his knuckles once again.

"How many days did you practice your speech?" Alver teases, but he melts at the affection he's receiving.

Cale decides not to grace him an answer. But instead, he curled his fingers against the blonde's own and spoke.

"May this kingdom prosper, may you be happy, and long live the next King of Rowoon Kingdom." The redhead says before planting a final kiss to Alver's knuckles and stands up.