Chapter 69 - 『With Death Comes Life, And With Life Comes Death』

There are always those who die every second than every minute of children being born

"Get more towels and warm water!"

It was both a blessing and scourge for those at the beginning and at the end of their lives. Though in the end, it all depends on the person.

"A-Li, you can do it...A-Li..."

Despite the person he's calling is not conscious, Jin Zixuan continued to call her name.

Maybe it was a prayer, or maybe it was to reassure himself that they will be fine.

His unborn child, his wife, and his younger martial brother-in-law, he hopes that they would all be fine.

"Now bring me hot water and sterilize the tools I'll give you!"

For all the things that Jin Zixuan could do, it was only to listen to the clamor around him and to the weakening heart of his dearest wife.

He couldn't do anything but watch.

"Give me the needles with anesthetics!"

Just then, Wen Qing held a small knife in her hands, looking at Jin Zixuan as if she was asking for permission.

"I will now start, Young Master Jin."

But to him, Wen Qing wasn't asking for permission. She was stating.

And in the moment she starts, Jin Zixuan needed to leave in order for Sect Leader Wen to focus more.

He stands up and bowed, wishing one last prayer as he slowly left the room.

The moment he was outside, everything was silent. Jin Zixuan's breathing was all that could be heard as he let out a shuddered sigh.

He then clasped his hands together, sitting beside the doors as he continuously chanted a prayer.

"Xuan-gege?"

Jin Zixuan looks up to see Mo Xuanyu, holding his rabbit doll as the child looks at him with half-lidded eyes.

"A-Yu, aren't you supposed to be sleeping?" He says while leading the child in his arms, carrying Mo Xuanyu as he rest his head against the older's chest.

Mo Xuanyu simply babbled incoherently, making Jin Zixuan smile as he caressed the younger's head.

"Pretty gege says you can cry if you want to."

The hand that was rubbing Mo Xuanyu's head flinched.

"He says it's alright to cry...because it is the only sigh that you are alive since birth..."

Jin Zixuan couldn't help but laugh at the child's words. He knew that Mo Xuanyu doesn't understand such complex words, but he's thankful nonetheless.

He buried the guilt of not telling the child on what is happening to his pretty gege. But then again, he's still too young to know such painful thing.