Chapter 92 - 『When Their Ashes Are Scattered, May They Find Peace』

Days later, a funeral was held for the Jiang siblings and Wei Ying

In this world, the usual funeral that is usually held is by cremating the deceased.

"A-Xun, what sort of funeral do you hold back in your previous world?" Asks Sect Leader Jiang, whom Cale knows that it was a simple and harmless question.

Yet it still made his hands twitch in surprise.

"Putting them in a...coffin...then...bury them...in the earth."

Now that he thought about it, when everyone died when he was Cale Henituse, he didn't get to bury their bodies.

Because it was either too hard to recognize who is who, or it was because their corpses had already been decomposed.

"I see...should we do it like that? Their bodies...have already been cremated though..."

Cale couldn't fathom how they can still ask for his opinion when their deaths are partly his fault.

"We can put some of their...ashes in the coffin then. I'm sure...My Lady would do that..."

Sect Leader Jiang continued to babble for a while before Cale spoke.

"Why...are you doing this, Sect Leader Jiang?"

He sees the older lean back and stare over the horizon with his red eyes for a while before he heard him speak.

"I am sorry if my questions have made you uncomfortable, A-Xun. But I...we wanted your opinion because we want it to be peaceful."

Cale could only lower his head at his excuse, he then felt a hand patting his back as if to comfort him.

"Goodbyes are supposed to be pleasant, A-Xun."

No, it is not pleasant at all.

"...I see."

After that, no one talked between the two of them. Just complete silence as they both watch the clouds from the sky.

When Cale buried his head against his arms, Jiang Fengmian looked at him with melancholy.

He felt like Cale had it much worse than them.

When the older was busy with his own thoughts, something cold and feather-like dripped against his hand before it melted.

"Snow?"

It is indeed, it is snowing.

It never snowed in Yunmeng Jiang, so how come it is happening now when they are grieving?

He looked at the redhead before he noticed that he fell asleep.

Jiang Fengmian also noticed that he was groaning in his sleep, his eyebrows furrowed and his face contorted into a frown.

"...jie..."

Ah, he must be dreaming of them.

"...Cheng..."