Chapter 82 - 『What Have You Done?!』

"What do you think of Wei Wuxian?"

That question itself caught him off guard, what is more that it was asked by none other than Jin Guangyao himself.

"He...is a good person."

Lan Xichen does not know how to give a better phrase other than that, and he can't exactly give a bad opinion since he is his beloved's brother.

Jin Guangyao chuckled, "There is no need to be hesitant, second brother. I meant good, sorry for asking you a hard question."

Lan Xichen hums, "Then, can I ask you a question in return?"

The latter just shrugged, "Ask away, Er-ge."

"What do you think of Wei-gongzi?"

He simply returned his question, that is all.

Jin Guangyao then humors the older, "It depends on which Wei-gongzi you are talking about, Er-ge."

Ah, right.

"Oh, my bad. I meant Wei Wuxian too."

The question made Jin Guangyao hum too, as if he was deep in his own thoughts.

"The let me ask you this, Er-ge. What would you do if Wei Wuxian killed Qingheng-jun out of revenge?"

It wasn't an answer but instead, it was another hard question. Seeing as Lan Xichen had stood still, Jin Guangyao just huffed.

"You don't have to answer that question, Er-ge. I'm sorry for asking another hard question."

Lan Xichen blinks as if he was played, "That...no worries."

From afar, both of them had noticed two figures that were bickering with each other. It didn't take long for them to recognize who they are.

"He...Wei Wuxian really is a good person."

Before Lan Xichen could ask what the latter had just said, Jin Guangyao stepped forward to make his presence known and greet the two.

"Wei-gongzi, Xue-gongzi. You have finally arrived, did you have a good travel?" Jin Guangyao says, making the both of them turn to look at him with hostility.

Knowing Jin Guangyao, he just ignored them.

"Let us go. They are waiting for you."

Lan Xichen had offered them a small, polite smile to at least mend the heavy air around them.

"We will simply drop by to give our gifts. We know our presence is not welcome in Lanling, much less as someone as nefarious as Wei Wuxian." Xue Yang says with an apathetic look, making Wei Wuxian glare at him before scoffing.

"If it is what you want, then do so." Jin Guangyao says, not putting much thought to his words.

As they walked with awkwardness and tension hanging on air, they all felt like they are walking into thin ice.

"Iㅡ!"

Lan Xichen stills, looking around him as if there was something watching from afar.

"What is it, Er-ge?"

Lan Xichen could feel his ear twitch, picking a small sound of melody being played.

"Zewuㅡ"

"Sshh!"

There is an ominous feeling bubbling in his gut, "Do you hear that?"

"Hear what exactly?" Jin Guangyao asks, his face in pure confusion.

"That song—"

Just as he could complete his sentence, Xue Yang kneeled on the floor and held his head as if he was in pain.