Chapter 90 - 『When A God Weeps』

When Cale sees the place where they had appeared to, he froze in his tracks

The high concentration of resentful energy suffocated him for a mere former cultivate like him. More than that, when he sees scattered scrolls and talismans alike, it screamed Wei Ying.

Everywhere he looks, he sees traces of his brother.

Then, when the realization hit him that everything won't go back to the way it was, he felt his own knees give out.

The impact from the hit was enough to scrape Cale's covered knees, much less when he shielded the body in his arms from his fall.

"...Xun-nim..."

Cale momentarily forgot that Choi Han was with him, making him look at the raven for a while before lowering his gaze.

"Ruoye." The redhead calls for the bandage again before it wrapped itself against Cale's neck, the burn being cooled by Ruoye die to its constant rubbing like it was a small animal.

When Choi Han looks at him, he couldn't speak the words he wants to say.

He didn't know that grief could make someone like this.

It was worse when the redhead is not shedding even a single tear, he was just shaking all over like a frightened kitten.

Before he could ask the redhead if it really is alright to let him free like this, Cale had spoken again.

"What...was the black dragon's name...?"

When Choi Han looks at the redhead with stupor once again, he noticed the distant look plastered on his tired face.

The Choi Han told him, because he have the right to know after killing someone precious to him.

"Hwan(1). His name is Hwan Miru."

The moment Choi Han sees the small smile on his face, he's glad that he didn't make the wrong choice this time.

"...It suits him."

Then silence took place, leaving both of them to their own dangerous thoughts.

Choi Han wonders what happens now, the pressure and guilt kept rising to his throat as if it was a bile he should wretch out before it choke him to death.

Because at the end of day, Jin Guangyao told him to kill the redhead, in exchange for Wei Wuxian's life.

But everything was a mess.

Why was it that Jin Guangyao wanted to kill the redhead for simply trying to protect his siblings?

He doesn't know, maybe he won't have the chance to know at all.

"Am I supposed to be grateful...for surviving...?"

When Choi Han looked at him again the moment he heard the redhead's weak words, he had already closed his eyes while still holding his brother's dead body in his arms.