Episode 17.3 - Blood-Red Carnage

A blood-red fireball shot forth, which accelerated straight towards William.

He leapt upwards to dodge it, but he had been too slow. He was hit by Calamitas's blast as it exploded on the ground, losing all momentum in the air and crashing down to the ground. He cried out as red flames danced across his body with shoes made from nails.

Robyn echoed his shriek, only one thing going through her mind – to save him. She fired arrows up at Calamitas, but she just erected a bright red force field around herself, causing her arrows to have no effect. In fact... they started bouncing straight back.

She cried out as she jumped to avoid the hailstorm of her own arrows coming her way, running towards William, but Calamitas just landed in front of him and threw a red fireball at her.

She was able to jump just in time, but a second, even faster fireball hit her in mid-air, sending her falling to the ground at Calamitas's feet, less than a heart of her health remaining.

"Do you enjoy going through hell?" Calamitas asked as she began to cackle, her demeanour reminding Robyn of a witch. She raised an arm and casted a fireball around her fist. Her laughs began feeling like they were coming directly from inside Robyn's brain, echoing between her ears, with increasing pressure and intensity. It made her want to scream.

This... this witch was just too powerful, and Robyn was sure she was going to die.

That was when shots began peppering the witch's force field.

Robyn craned her neck to see three of the citizens. The Tavernkeep, Cyborg and Party Girl.

"You are not from this world, are you?" Paddy asked. "I can sense it, for I too am not of this world. Your soldiers are falling, and soon it will be just you. Leave us, and never return, and we will spare you. Nobody else needs to die today."

Robyn breathed haggardly, too afraid to move with such low health.

"Wrong," she heard the witch mutter under her breath, then she shouted the word again louder. "Wrong! Wrong, wrong wrong, you will die!"

A massive fireball was launched at the Tavernkeep, but he just voluntarily fell backwards, the fireball passing over his body.

The Party Girl and Cyborg both attacked, launching explosive rockets straight at Calamitas. The Cyborg's erupted in fire while the Party Girl's threw out sparkles and colour, but neither seemed to make a dent against Calamitas's shield. For a second she just seemed to stand there, Robyn too unsure and insecure to know what to do. Almost feeling like she couldn't move, even if she wanted to.

The witch raised a hand, and suddenly the Cyborg was jerked into the air.

"You're part machine, aren't you?" Calamitas spoke. "That will be your undoing."

He cried out, his arms and legs stretching behind him, as though invisible people were pulling on them from behind while someone else held him from the front. Then, impossibly, his machine parts began to crumple and fling themselves away. His arms, his knees, his chest, and the portion of his head that contained his eyes. They all tore off, leaving an empty body that fell limply to the ground.

All that was left was his machine parts, but without his body, the cyan lights on them began to blink off one by one, his eyes the last to go down.

The Party Girl didn't fare much better. She too was jerked into the air, dropping her Celebration Mk2, and was thrust straight towards Calamitas. She screamed as her body was brought into contact with the witch's shield, its energy grinding away at her health, before the shield morphed the eyes and mouth of a skull that swallowed her whole.