Episode 34.1 - Rejuvenation

"I'm depressed," Sid said.

"What if I gave you a pineapple?" the Cloud Elemental asked.

He craned his neck to her. "That would not help."

Robyn felt the same. All that fighting... All that hunting... All that death... that betrayal...

All of it had led to a big fat nothing.

Draedon had not delivered on his promise. Though, in his twisted artificial logic, he had never promised anything.

Sid seemed to have finally given up. Robyn had never thought it to be possible, but he had been pushed to his breaking point. He'd hung up his armour and stashed his summon weapons in the chest, only keeping the Elementals around so that their incessant chatter could keep his mind off of his failure.

But Robyn wasn't done yet. She was still determined to find a way.

Draedon's mechs had dropped Exo Prisms, some of which she had used to craft Draedon's Forge. The forge could then be used to craft the prisms into Miracle Matter, which could then be made into some powerful weapons that combined a large number of different weapons they'd made and used earlier in their adventures. The Heavenly Gale had combined her Alluvion, Astreal Defeat, Clockwork Bow and a few other bows, while the Cosmic Immaterializer was a summon weapon that used the Elemental Axe, Corvid Harbinger Staff and Ancient Ice Chunk.

Unfortunately, nothing else opened up. Nothing relating to the labs. Nothing that would allow them to travel to the Nexus. Draedon had said there was a way.

But why didn't you freaking tell us what the way is?

Robyn went to visit the citizens, to try to clear her head. There was James the Clothier, who had always done his best to cheer her up and keep her on her feet, but even he had the same defeated look on his face that Robyn wore. Bart and Faye were doing some calm fishing, but it was clear from the looks on their faces that they missed Red Beard the Pirate and so many of the other citizens. Roxanne and Cirrus were basically the only citizens that had some semblance of happiness, but even they weren't unaffected by the dark air that hung over Secondworld.

Then there was Nissa the Dryad.

A mystery that had been as confounding as when Robyn had first learnt about it. She'd used up all of her magic to get James, Whitney and Zop'a safely away from Calamitas, but had rendered herself in some sort of stasis ever since.

If only there was a way to wake her...

That was when it hit her.

"Oh my god!" she exclaimed.

***

Robyn burst into Sid's bedroom, finding him exactly the way she'd left him.

The look on her face told him she must have found something. "What is it?" he asked.

Robyn led Sid out to the mannequin where he had hung up his Auric Tesla armour.

"Let me recap every method we know about that has resulted in people travelling across worlds," Robyn said.

Sid nodded indifferently. "Sure. Why not."

She was a bit put-off by his mood but plodded on. She needed to reawaken his spark. "So first off, when Yharim first came to you in Firstworld... he came through a portal."

"Yeah?"

"Yes. But that's not the only way. When Calamitas burnt the sea in Firstworld and we all sunk into the sand, that took us over to Secondworld. At first we thought that we died and woke up in Secondworld, but... I don't think so. Every citizen that was onboard the Red Pearl was taken over too. So Calamitas has that magic power."