Episode 33.1 - A Final Countdown

Robyn found it hard to watch. That number, in its single digits. A countdown that had almost elapsed.

"I am..." Amidias coughed, "...pleased to hear of your victory over... the Jungle Dragon." He coughed again, his fish body undulating.

4

Red veins of Calamitas's energy were coursing through him, giving him a blackened look. He had been barely able to move without the curse trying to strangle him from the inside in return.

"I know what you plan on facing next," Amidias said. "Lord Yharim possesses god-like strength. He may not even fight you at full power, which is fortunate for you, but his attacks could still just kill you in one hit." He coughed. "So... be careful."

3

"We have no other choice," Robyn said.

"Neither do I," the Sea King murmured. "Calamitas sealed my fate all the way back at the Sulphurous Sea. This day... was always inescapable."

She sighed, collapsing against the chair she was sitting on.

2

"There is little else to say, or do," Amidias said. "When you take on the Jungle Tyrant... remember all of the lives that ended because of his inability to be satisfied. Avenge them."

"We'll avenge you too," Robyn said, then breathed, "Or we'll die trying."

1

Robyn turned away. Amidias had warned her his death may not be one she or anyone else would want to see. She shuffled out through the sliding door. Many of the citizens – James, Whitney, Faye, Bart, Roxanne and Cirrus – were waiting outside, with pensive looks on their faces. Faye's eyes were red with tears, and on seeing Robyn she buried her face in Bart's shoulder and wept. Cirrus raised a hand in a salute that was kind of ruined by the glass she was holding, and the Steampunker took off her helmet in respect.

A flash of light and a ghostly-sounding bang from behind signified the inevitable. Most took that as a signal to leave and go on about their business, including Robyn. She made her way through the planetoid lab's corridors, feeling uptight and insecure about what lay –

"THE ENEMY ASCENDED BEYOND YOUR –"

"Sid!" Robyn shouted, clutching her heart from the sudden fright.

"What? It's catchy!"

Robyn sighed, but knew it was in his personality to always keep things upbeat. Or try to. "Did you craft the Auric Cooling Cell thingy?"

"The Auric Quantum Cooling Cell thingy! And yes, I did."

As Sid had predicted, Yharon had both dropped Yharon Soul Fragments and spawned Auric Ore into the world. The ore proved to be quite rare, but it spawned in rather massive veins, so he'd been able to gather enough for all their needs.

Sid led her to the room where the Codebreaker was set up. Robyn could see what looked like a glass tube plugged into its side, electricity crackling inside like a plasma lamp.

"I upgraded our armour to Auric Tesla," Sid said, indicating to the two mannequins where they were displayed. The suits looked to be of a similar design to what Yharim wore, which in some ways unnerved Robyn, but on the other hand, it was a sign that they were finally at about the same power level as Yharim himself.

"I also crafted that Drataliornus bow you wanted," Sid added, digging through a chest and pulling it out. It was wicked in design, the front of it being decorated with red feathers and a sculpture that resembled Yharon's head. Golden auric made up the frame of the bow, the string being dark-green in colour.