Episode 25.4 - Forbidden Lullaby

Renee just chuckled as she watched the Leviathan descend on them.

It was said that though seamen often spoke of creatures they encountered on their journeys, from the Kraken to the one known as Duke Fishron, none ever spoke of the Leviathan.

Because those that encountered it were far more likely to die.

She could help them. But helping them would advertise her presence, and also imply that she trusted them.

Her encounter with the Archmage had made her wonder whether she'd gotten it all wrong. Were the mage, the summoner, the ranger and the warrior really working for Yharim? Nothing she'd seen from them explicitly confirmed that, but nothing disproved it either. With the exception of the Archmage's presence and word.

Permafrost had said that he did not trust freely. Renee supposed he had that in common with her. Statis had taught her as such. Her master hadn't ever trusted her, even. Such was the way of the world. Everyone was only ever in it for themselves.

Was Yharim the same? She supposed so. She knew of his background. His brother's betrayal had been the very thing that had pushed Yharim onto the dark path he had been drawn down up to today. Then Calamitas, his most powerful servant, had betrayed him too. She suspected Yharim didn't even completely trust his next few powerful followers. Like Draedon.

Or... the entity who had been Statis's downfall.

She shook the thoughts from her head and watched, silent like her master.

***

The Leviathan opened her mouth, unleashing a deep roar, her wings keeping her afloat in the air. A massive brown rock, round like a planet, was launched from her mouth, travelling slowly, then another.

Come on, how many more giant bosses are going to be standing in our path? William thought with a groan. He and the others scattered, trying to dodge the massive projectiles. One slammed into Sid, pinning him to its front as it travelled and landed in the water. Another shot straight towards the citizens standing on the ice platform. Permafrost tried to freeze it with his magic, but it just kept coming and plowed straight through, sending both him and the Stylist into the depths.

James transformed into Skeletron and dipped his bony arms into the water, successfully pulling them both out and safely placing them back on the platform.

William turned to the citizens. We can't have this go down like the Plaguebringer. We can't! "Permafrost! Get them away to safety! We'll handle this!"

Watching Permafrost freeze a path away from the battle, he turned back to the gargantuan creature from the deep. He soared into the air, trying to get above the Leviathan and her meteors, but he spotted a small swarm of creatures being launched from the Leviathan's dorsal fins. Some Aquatic Abberations – creatures with a teal-green shark-like head with only some tentacles propelling them through the air. He swung his Ark of the Ancients as they shot towards him, cutting through one abberation and then another, soon slaying the entire swarm. He then flew forward and dropped, landing on the Leviathan's back.

He stabbed his Omniblade into the scaly fins, hearing the Leviathan give a screeching roar from the impact. The creature buckled, throwing William free, leaving the Omniblade still stuck into the Leviathan's back. He grabbed at one of its wings as he fell past her body, then fell past her tail and was slapped by the fin at the end. He fell into the ocean with a splash.

He felt weakened. His health was low, he felt like he was bleeding, and his armour felt shattered. His vision got darker than the water around him, and then...