Episode 21.3 - Antarctic Reinforcement

Meg drunk a recall potion.

She materialised in her house in Slimetown, right next to the bed she'd set up.

She'd chosen this house basically at random, not really caring where she lived, and hadn't bothered decorating it. She first ran for the library, one of the many buildings that remained unoccupied, and there she crafted a weapon named the Frost Bolt, and then put that together with her Flare Bolt to craft the Frigidflash Bolt. She cast it once to see what it did, watching as a ball of fire coated in a freezing radiance shot forward from the tome.

Next step – find William and Robyn. If William wasn't out and about, he'd be with Robyn, and after bursting into the house Robyn slept in, there they both were.

"We've got a problem!" Meg cried. "Sid and I got attacked by a boss in the snow biome!"

"Okay," William said. "Robyn, you coming?"

Robyn seemed to hesitate, but slid her feet out of her bed and sprung upright, holding out her bow. "Sure!"

Meg smiled. "Let's go!"

***

Sid was in trouble.

He'd faced bosses solo before, such as the Empress of Light at daytime, but Cryogen was proving to be a pain in the cactus. Every one of its attacks inflicted a chilling slowness effect on him, even freezing him solid every so often. Not to mention the boss itself was speeding up faster and faster, his Ice Clasper summons becoming too slow to keep up. Switching away from them back to his fighter-jet summons helped a bit, but even they sometimes lost track of it in the dark blizzard. His mind was too focussed inwards to think about using a recall potion as Meg had – all he could see was the boss in front of him.

But it wasn't going down fast enough. He needed to take things into his own hands.

He whipped out a large, multi-barreled shotgun named the Butcher.

This wasn't the first time he'd used a gun to supplement his summons – back in Firstworld he'd used the Minishark for quite some time, and of course his old Wulfrum armour had that epic mech-suit ability.

But Cryogen was too fast, and he was all alone. And if his summons couldn't hit it, he was going to have to.

The weapon started firing slowly, orange bullets shooting across the sky to impact against Cryogen's icy hulk, but the Butcher's barrels began to rotate faster and faster the longer Sid held down the trigger, thus firing bullets faster and dealing more damage. His fighter-jet summons sometimes landed a bullet or two themselves, but with the power of the Butcher in Sid's hands, Cryogen was finally losing health.

That was when it disappeared.

Huh? Sid found himself letting go of the trigger.

He was slammed from behind.

He went flying, landing in the snow. He quickly scrambled to his feet, watching as it hovered towards him firing some icy blasts. He saw a plume of ice-blue particles in the air some distance behind Cryogen, and when Cryogen teleported again it appeared among those particles.

Sid groaned, mostly frustrated with himself for letting go of the Butcher's trigger – he was going to have to charge it up again before he could reach its maximum fire rate, which had taken awhile the first time.

"Come on!" he shouted.

The bang of the Butcher rang in Sid's ears with increasing frequency as the fight continued. Cryogen got more and more swift and erratic, cracks beginning to form across its cubic surface. He dodged and fired, not stopping until a bright green beam of light shot across the sky and into Cryogen.