Episode 35.4 - Battles of Heroes

Yharim spun his blade and lunged towards Sid, but he lashed out first with his Regicide. The massive blue energy blade, extending from Andromeda's hands, easily swiped into Yharim and knocked him to the side.

Sid leapt towards him, charging up a Gauss laser to shoot from Andromeda's chest, but Yharim leapt out of the way. Yharim shot towards the army of bosses, blasting through Skeletron Prime's skull, Cryogen's icy shield, and the Dragonfolly, heading straight towards the indomitable Wall of Flesh.

The many eyes and mouths that were sprouting all along it began firing lasers and burping leeches respectively, but Yharim dodged and weaved effortlessly, cleaving his Ultisword into the meaty structure and gouging out several of the eyeballs. In seconds he had torn down the Wall of Flesh completely, the fleshy mass going down like a collapsing circus tent.

"He's going for the Tower!" Sid shouted. He selected the lightning-bolt icon in the Flamsteed Ring's interface, morphing into a small jet of lightning that shot forward. Yharim began to fly upwards, sparks bursting from his boots, but Sid was faster.

Yharim was maybe halfway up to the core when Sid collided with him. There was a massive explosion of blue and white particles, Sid morphing back into Andromeda, grabbing hold of Yharim with his hands, and slamming him against the plating of the tower structure.

But Yharim was quick to vanish from his grasp.

"Behind you!"

Sid felt the Tyrant's Ultisword cleave through Andromeda's neck, the attack also dealing damage to Sid. The Andromeda mech suit fell to pieces, leaving Sid in just his Auric Tesla armour falling to the battlefield below.

"I have had enough of you," Yharim growled.

Sid hadn't. He called for all of his summons, despawning all of them with his weapons and replacing them with a massive amount of Pole Warpers – the attack-magnet summons he'd used against Yharon. Sid slung out his grappling hook at the tower, grabbing hold but then letting go so he was propelled back up to Yharim.

He didn't have the mana to transform back into Andromeda, but he had one more trick up his sleeve. He held another accessory in his inventory, a hallowed blade named the Angelic Alliance. He used it to activate its Divine Bless ability.

A ring of golden archangels appeared around Sid, each casting a healing spell that topped up his health to almost full, but also beginning to fire laser beams up at Yharim. The number of archangels spawned was dependant on how many minions Sid had, as opposed to how many minion slots he'd used, which had been why he'd replaced his summons that took up lots of slots each with the Pole Warpers, where for each slot he could summon two magnets.

That meant Yharim was quickly overwhelmed by perhaps the biggest force of summons Sid had ever mustered, slashing his blade left and right but becoming unable to even see the tower's core. All around him were flying magnets and the blinding light of archangel lasers.

That entire force had just one weakness.

Sid himself.

Yharim roared, pointed his Ultisword directly downwards, and dropped.

He burst out from the cloud of summons and skewered into their summoner.

Thrust all the way down, slamming into the ground at the bottom of the tower with a massive explosion of energy and cloud of dust.

Yharim huffed as the dust hung in the air around him. That had probably been the closest he'd come to death since Xeroc. But he was done with holding back. He was done with showing mercy. Now, he would kill anyone who dared stop him from ascending from the Nexus. Without question.