Episode 19.1 - The Tale of a Cruel World

Staring into the Giant Clam's eye, Robyn had a brief feeling of mesmerisation. At the sight of the energy swirling within the clam's pearl. Purely due to its beauty. Its colour of blue – her favourite colour. This whole biome was so beautiful to her. She would have loved to live here, if they weren't currently reeling from the blows Yharim had struck against them.

That was when the pearl disappeared from her sight.

And she was slammed down from above.

She fell clear off the rope, landing on Meg and causing her too to let go. The two of them fell all the way down and landed on the hard rock floor below.

"Ow!" Meg groaned, then looked up.

Robyn did the same. The Giant Clam must've leapt up, and then landed on very edge of the ledge, just enough that it had been able to hit her off the rope.

Meg grabbed her arm. "Watch out! It's probably going to attack again!"

She was right, but it didn't leap up and down like what Robyn had thought. Instead it seemed to teleport, appearing directly above their heads and slamming down, its open pearl facing them.

Meg started firing her Plasma Rod at it, dealing some damage to its 2500 health. Robyn notched an arrow, but a part of her hesitated. Should they really have to kill such a beautiful creature?

Get it out of your head. Sid said this is just a game.

Though that was a claim she continued to doubt to this day. If anything, Yharim invading the way he did had just further pushed her in the direction of the belief that this world was more than just a simple video game.

The Giant Clam did another slam attack, this time above Meg, who had anticipated its teleporting and jumped to the side to avoid it.

Let's just take it down!

She began opening fire with her bow. It was such a big target, practically impossible to miss. All she had to do was fire and watch as its health trickled down.

It teleported again, this time above Robyn. She wasn't able to get out of the way in time as she lost over 100 of her health from its slam. At least already having 500 max health meant it wasn't the end of the world. She moved away from it, continuing to fire arrows at it as it closed up its shell.

At that same moment a group of three smaller clams popped out from underneath and began hopping towards her. She began firing at the smaller clams, but they too had quite a lot of health.

"You focus on the big one!" Meg shouted. "I'll clear out the smaller ones!" She shot the Giant Clam once to set it ablaze with shadowflames, then began firing her Plasma Rod at the Navystone ground, hitting many of the smaller clams with the splitting-off beams.

Robyn kept on attacking the Giant Clam itself, though it pained her. Thankfully the smaller clams weren't too fast, so they were both able to keep away. The Giant Clam soon fell, its shell cracking to pieces, that beautiful pearl fading away.

And in its place, emerging from magic, was...

A... fish-man?

With a flick of his tail, he sent some of the leftover small clams flying straight into the lake, where they closed up as they sunk to the bottom. Then he held up a trident and slithered over to another group, whacking each of them into the lake with the force of someone using a fly-swatter.

Once he was finished, he turned with a sheepish grin on his fish mouth. "Sorry about that."

"Who are you?" Robyn asked. His name was Amidias according to his label, with a whopping 7500 health. But of course, that said nothing about why he'd popped out of the Giant Clam upon its defeat. Or who he was.