Episode 34.2 - Catastrophes Before The Calamity

When Sid took his first steps back into Firstworld after Robyn, he saw they had emerged onto a flat plain of grass. Groves of trees rose up in the distance, puffy clouds floated through the sky, the sun shining as bright as ever.

It took him a moment to realise that the land was completely flat, and he realised why – this was where he'd fought that army that came from portals in waves and finished up with Betsy the dragon. Even the Eternia Crystal Stand was still there. A relic of Sid's final moments before Yharim had arrived.

Then he looked to the right, and his gaze landed on something that had not been there before.

A massively tall tower, looking like a god had driven a stake into the earth.

Built from dark material, ridged with metal grooves and dotted with glowing jewels of innumerable colours. Situated at the tower's crest was the unmistakable shape of a lab core. Except much bigger, at least a dozen blocks in diameter.

Nissa the Dryad stepped through.

"The coast looks to be clear," Robyn said to her. "Tell the other citizens they can come through."

She nodded and stepped back into the portal.

Sid readied his summons. The Cosmic Energy from his new Cosmic Immaterialiser weapon took up 10 minion slots. He was able to squeeze in one Draconid and then had one slot left over to throw up a radiant aura from his Saros Possession. He also had the Elementals and the Profaned Guardians, which had all still been useful even though it had been some time since he'd crafted both their accessories. He saw Robyn was holding her new Heavenly Gale, as ready for battle as he was.

Their objective? To challenge Yharim.

"Where do you think he'd be?" Robyn asked.

Sid looked up at the tower again. "Yharim must be setting up another set of lab cores. One in that tower, and four more in other places."

"So big..." Robyn muttered, the weight of what they were up against bearing down on her. "Definitely big enough to travel to any Terraria world he wished."

"Or to real life," Sid said.

Robyn shrugged. "Yharim claimed one thing, the Eidolists said another. But either way, he needs to be stopped."

Sid nodded. "What about... William? Or... Meg?"

She looked down at her bow, then at the ground.

"If we encounter them... we'll have to deal with them too." She looked to Sid. "Whatever that may be."

***

"Renee's stealth would really come in handy right about now," Sid murmured.

He, Robyn and the citizens had travelled almost to the centre of the world, now exiting the desert biome. The night's darkness masked their movement while illuminating the numerous patrols of Yharim's troops that had come close to spotting them.

The walls of the Forest Village stood in the distance. The place that had been their home for many months, but which now felt like a memory far in the past, the current state the village was in doing little to rejuvenate those memories.

The elegant stone walls William had built had been replaced by ugly barricades of metal. The presence of several tall buildings rising up from within told Sid that most (if not all) of the houses had probably been torn down and similarly replaced. And of course, another one of the towers was rising up not far behind, its core like the Eye of Sauron keeping a firm gaze overhead.

"We need to rescue the rest of the citizens," James the Clothier said. "Jeff. Mrunok. Hayley..."

"We don't know where they'd be held," Robyn said. "Maybe they are in there, but we just don't know."