Episode 17.4 - Sinking of the Seas

Their flight to the Ocean Village took them past the Jungle Village, which to Sid's horror was also being overrun by soldiers. Nissa the Dryad was protecting Zop'a the Witch Doctor and Whitney the Steampunker with her green aura of magic, while James the Clothier fought around them in his Skeletron form, his bony hands slamming soldiers in a similar manner to swatting a fly while his skull rammed them into the ground.

"The Pylon!" William suddenly shouted, and Sid realised what he was speaking of. The soldiers must have gotten to the Forest Village's Pylon and figured out how to use it to transport themselves!

That meant they'd already be at the Ocean Village too. That was bad.

Upon landing the first thing William did was smash the Pylon with his pickaxe while Sid cast forth his summons at the soldiers. Meg blasted them all with her Nebula Blaze and Robyn filled them with Luminite arrows.

"Thank you," Nissa said. "We were wondering where you were."

"They attacked the Forest Village first," Meg said. "It's already fallen."

"And their leader stole my Zenith," William muttered.

"Who?" Whitney asked.

"Lord Yharim," Meg said.

That name. William felt that something about it echoed an eerie sense of foreboding. Calamitas had effortlessly killed three of the citizens and almost killed Robyn, but Yharim had been strong enough to take the most powerful weapon any of them had ever forged like it was nothing.

He didn't think that could even be possible.

Who was this Yharim?

Skeletron morphed back down into James the Clothier. "I have a weapon you could use instead for now," he said, holding out what looked like a giant key with a golden hilt.

"A Keybrand," William muttered as he took the sword from James. It dealt over 100 damage, but it was nothing compared to what he'd once held.

"We've got to get to the Ocean Village, fast," Meg said. "If we can get aboard the Red Pearl and sail off, we can keep away from Yharim."

"Do you really think a pirate ship could seriously stand up against him?" Sid asked.

"It's the only way I can think of," Meg said. "The world is finite, so no matter where we go, Yharim and his forces will catch up to us eventually. The Red Pearl is fortified and can stay on the move. It's our best chance."

"It's settled then," Nissa said. "James, transform into Skeletron and lift the rest of us over there."

"On it," James said, as his body morphed back into that giant skull, sprouting its two arms. He picked up Nissa in one hand, Whitney in the other, and lowered down his skull so Zop'a could clamber onto his cranium.

William and his friends then lifted off, flying through the rest of the jungle with Skeletron carrying the citizens not far behind. Tall mahogany trees rushed past them in a blur as they made their way through the dense jungle, keeping in the air as much as possible but not soaring higher than the trees. Everything felt perfectly normal and serene as the jungle could possibly be, no sign at all that the world was under attack.

Until that peace was broken by Calamitas appearing in front of them.

She launched a fireball directly into Skeletron's skull, fracturing it in one blast. Nissa, Whitney and Zop'a all fell, landing in an aqua pond with a series of splashes, which was followed by an unconscious James landing beside them.

William watched as Sid cast his Stardust Dragon at Calamitas, the dragon tearing into her shield, but she morphed her shield into a skull and charged forward, straight into Sid, knocking him backwards and causing him to crash into a tree, uprooting it with a snap. She charged again, into William this time, who felt so puny with just his Keybrand. So instead he charged straight back, Calamitas slamming into his solar shield. One of the spikes upon it exploded, damaging her and causing her to fly upwards again, but William himself was knocked backwards, falling onto the muddy jungle grass.