Episode 29.4 - Endless Hunger

Robyn felt the Ceaseless Void's gravitational grip loosen, and her flailing legs were lowered to the floor. She flew upwards, taking flight with her Seraph Tracers as she watched several globes of dark energy begin to spiral around the Ceaseless Void.

"Robyn!" It was Renee. "I just remembered I forgot to give you this bow that dropped from Providence!"

She flew close to her and handed her a bow with the same brown-and-orange colour scheme as Providence. The Telluric Glare. Robyn didn't have time to read any of its text though, simply taking hold of it and firing. It launched volleys of shining golden bolts that seemed incredibly powerful, but they seemed to be absorbed directly by the Ceaseless Void's black-hole mouth.

"We've got to destroy those dark orbs!" Renee shouted, flinging her new Ghoulish Gouger weapon at the lines of dark energy as they spiralled around the Ceaseless Void. It was a scythe flaming with pale red phantoplasmic energy that could pierce through multiple of the dark energy orbs at once.

Robyn fired her own bow at the dark energy, the radiant shots exploding against them. A few of the dark energy orbs got destroyed by their combined fire, but after some time the Ceaseless Void opened wide, retracting all of the remaining dark energy and starting to suck in Robyn and Renee as well, the two of them doing their best to keep away using their flight. More orbs of dark energy seemed to fly in from nowhere and straight into the Void's mouth. One of these orbs slammed through Robyn, dealing some damage, but she was just grateful it didn't pull her in as well.

"It's weak while it's doing this black-hole attack!" Renee shouted.

Robyn briefly wondered how Renee knew the Ceaseless Void so well, but she shook the thoughts from her head and focussed. Their arrows and thrown scythes slammed into the Void, dealing some damage, but it soon burst out another spiral formation of dark energy, the Void itself becoming invulnerable in favour of its dark energies.

Robyn's Telluric Glare continued to glow with each shot, firing into more and more of the dark energies. Soon the Ceaseless Void transitioned to its vacuum-phase again. It felt even stronger this time, but Robyn and Renee were able to keep away from it. Then it launched a glowing electric-blue orb that fired a volley of lasers around it, that all slowly curved to fly towards them. Ordinarily this attack would have been child's play to dodge, but due to Robyn was being pulled by the Ceaseless Void's gravity well she found herself being flung into a few of the laser bolts, taking some damage.

"Watch your health!" Renee shouted.

The Ceaseless Void flung out another spiral of dark energies again, more of them this time, forming a much more dense rotating array that proved to be even harder to dodge, especially as the Void moved around the room, with the dark energies following suit. Several were slammed into Robyn, and she saw Renee get hit a few times too.

This boss... it's too overwhelming. Especially for this small of a space. Robyn briefly thought about trying to escape through the corridor they'd entered the room through, but the even tighter quarters meant she was sure the dark energies would reduce them to atoms.

One of the rotating orbs knocked her to the side. It seemed to inflict some sort of weird gravity-distortion effect that caused her to become stuck in the air, unable to move up or down, and ended up banging her head against a wall. She watched as the Ceaseless Void's dark energies mercifully retracted, only for its gravity well to start pulling on her even stronger.

She grabbed for something to hold onto, but her fingers only scraped Dungeon brick and she was flung towards it.

And she collided with a floating rock.

One coloured flaming orange and brown.

A Profaned Guardian. But... smaller? Than before?

She clung around it for dear life regardless. The Guardian rotated, and her view shifted to the entrance of the chamber.