Episode 20.4 - Return to Slime

The citizens cried out as the slime leapt from the remains of the house's foundations and towards them. Several round globs were launched out from its undulating body.

Sid had already called down his Wulfrum mech suit to blast the Ebonian Slime God, while Meg was firing what looked like streams of razor-sharp feathers from a spell tome.

William ran up to the slime's side and started slashing at it with his Perfect Dark sword. Some of the other citizens were also starting to attack it, notably Red Beard's minigun and Faye's Resonance Scepter.

The slime leapt again, up into the air and hovering in an odd horizontal trajectory towards Meg before slamming straight down, though she was quick to get out of the way.

Its health level was over 9000. Next to the Hive Mind it wasn't as strong, but it was still threatening. It fired another volley of slime globs, this time at the group of citizens. A few of them got hit, taking some damage.

"Robyn, get the citizens to safety!" William shouted.

Robyn did so, making a large leap as she fired arrows at the Ebonian Slime God with her Galeforce bow.

"Into the village!" she called to the citizens, waving one of her hands. She fired and fired, laying down cover fire as the citizens ran past her and into the street. Now a safe distance from the Ebonian Slime God, they all kept on launching their attacks at it. Robyn grappled up to the roof of one of the nearby houses for a better vantage point, allowing her to easily arc arrow after arrow into the giant slime's gelatin.

"Uhh... guys?" Bart called. "Robyn, you might want to take a look at this!"

She spun around, and saw that something was coming towards them from the Crimson side of the village.

It was another slime, as massive as the first one William, Sid and Meg were facing. The Crimulan Slime God. It started firing red slime globs towards the citizens, the balls hitting the ground and rolling towards them, one bowling the Pirate over.

"Arr, ye won't be sinkin' me today!" he shouted.

Robyn turned her arrows to the Crimulan Slime God, but it was bounding down the street extremely quickly. As it took damage, smaller slimes began to ooze from its side and join its charge, a few of them ridged with hard spikes.

She fired and fired, but it wasn't losing health fast enough. It would soon reach the citizens.

"No!" she shouted, leaping off the house roof.

She landed in front of the group of citizens, firing arrows as fast as she could.

"Get back!" she yelled at the citizens. Spotting a side street just ahead, she made a dash for it, hoping to lead the Crimulan Slime God down there and away.

She turned around, starting to walk backwards with her Galeforce bow held out, ready to fire.

Wait... where'd it go?

Then she looked up.

She screamed as it slammed down on top of her.

***

"Aaaaaaaaahahahaha!" Sid cackled as he called his mech suit down for a second round against the Ebonian Slime God.

"You don't want to become dependent on that thing if it's always needing recharging, you know?" Meg asked.

"Who cares? It's way cooler than the whips I used to use. Who needs them when you can simply become the summon yourself?"

Sid's Dank Creeper summons and his Fungal Clump were all latched onto the slime god's body. William was batting away some smaller slimes that had sprouted wings upon oozing from the mega slime. And Meg was just contributing an all-round great amount of damage.