Episode 19.2 - 1NF3$+@+!0N

"I feel like we're in a whole different world," William said.

"What makes you say that?" Sid asked.

"When we woke up I thought this place was just the sand at the bottom of the ocean floor, and that cliff full of Antlions would lead up to the beach." William pointed out ahead of them. "So why are we approaching a forest?"

The two of them had figured out how to use the Recipe Browsing Tablet that the Desert Scourge had dropped, and learnt that the sandworm's drops could be crafted into Sea Remains, which could then turn into weapons and armour. William was now clad in Victide Armour – made from shells with a giant starfish shape embossed across his breastplate.

There'd only been enough materials for the one suit and an extra weapon, so William had decided to craft an Urchin Mace. He'd used a few other ball-on-chain weapons before such as the Sunfury in the past, but this one was special – it launched forth a small bubbly whirlpool when flung. He was also grateful for the damage boost over the Mandible Blade. It made him feel a bit more confident at least against regular enemies, but against Yharim and his forces it would be like trying to break through a steel door with a dust bunny and a paddle-pop stick.

They made their way through the forest. It felt as serene and peaceful as what William was expecting, with only the occasional Slime proving a threat to them. The sun was high in the sky, birds called in the distance, and William could feel a telltale blow of wind.

But as the two of them began to ascend a hill, the sky seemed to grow unnaturally dark. The sun turned a hazy red, and the air seemed to become hard to breathe.

Then, at the hill's peak, they were greeted with the view of a biome neither had ever seen before.

The grass was a decaying purple, the trees a diseased pale lavender. Bushes made from dark purple thorns covered the ground. Several large chasms, bordered with indigo rock, were scattered throughout the biome, each showing nothing beyond darkness within. There were several creatures flying about, each made from raw, brown skin, with a single eye on each side of their bodies, and with a gaping, mandibled mouth that looked to be designed for chomping rather than consuming.

"I've never seen a place like this before," Sid muttered. "What the heck..."

"It's giving me the same vibes as the Crimson," William said. "Extremely diseased and looking like it would kill us if we step inside."

"So what do we call it? Crimson is a colour, and this place is... Lavender. This place is the Lavender."

That name felt a bit too harmless in comparison with Crimson, William thought.

"You might be right though, Will." Sid added.

"About what?"

"We're not in our world. Somehow, when we got swallowed up by the sand, we must've been swept through some sort of portal and dumped in this place."

William had another thought. "Or maybe we died."

Sid tapped his chin. "That would explain why we woke up with nothing in our inventories but starting tools. Though we didn't completely start over, since we have our 500 health still."

If we really are in another world, William thought, We're not going to be able to get back.

We're lost, stranded with no way home.

"So what do you think we should do?" William asked.

"Until we know what we should do, it's the same thing it always was," Sid said. "Getting stronger."