Episode 27.3 - Open Frenzy

The monstrosity – named the Ravager – leapt forward, its heavy feet slamming on the lab floor. Two claws that stuck out from both sides of it punched forward. Robyn shot one of the claws with her loaded-up Clockwork Bow, dealing some damage to it and causing it to retract backward. Sid's Elemental Axe summons chopped and cleaved at the other one.

He ran to the side of the room, summoning his set of Flowers of Mortality. The flowers rotated quickly around him, their colourful petals shooting at the Ravager. He saw Meg was still pinned to the glass in front of the lava core, the portal still there in front of her, but as he tried to approach it the glass suddenly shattered.

Lava flowing out from behind her, Meg burst out from the ice. Sid saw she was now wearing dark red robes with gold trimming – just like the Calamitas clone that had given so much trouble in the past.

She was no longer recognisable as Meg.

"If you survive, you may try to reach the Nexus," the witch spoke. "But if you do, I will make you suffer greatly, before ending your life."

She thrust her hands, and suddenly the lava from the core began shooting out into the room, globules flinging themselves past Sid and into the walls and covering the floor. Then she dived into the portal, and it blinked closed behind her.

Sid grit his teeth but gave a sudden gasp as he realised the lava seemed to be pooling on the floor. He grappled to the ceiling, narrowly avoiding getting his feet broiled.

He saw Robyn had already backed out of the room with the Steampunker, the Ravager now blocking the entrance. Its claws began punching out the blocks around the entrance, making it wider so that it could fit through.

Sid realised he didn't actually need to worry about the lava – his Angel Treads, or rather Seraph Tracers as they had now been upgraded – allowed him to walk on both water and lava. He waited for the lava to pool fully in the room before dropping, then turned to follow the Ravager.

He spotted the back of its hulk down the corridor, but as it jumped ahead, still in pursuit of Robyn, a large wall of rock suddenly burst up from the floor, separating him from the Ravager. His summons began tearing into the rock as though it was an enemy, so he stood next to it and waited for them to carve their way through.

When the rock wall was finally blasted to pieces, Sid ran through the debris and to an intersection of corridors, but after glancing down each tunnel he realised he'd lost track of the fight.

For a massive creature of metal, it sure moves fast.

He chose the left direction at random and ran down it, coming to a chamber where a glowing blue hologram was set up.

"Sensors have detected a significant breach in the spacetime continuum," it spoke.

That was when a massive spinning black device was launched out from the hologram.

Renee, standing in her stealth, had thrown her Star of Destruction, a massive cosmic mine. Her intention wasn't to kill the summoner though, but like a complete idiot he walked right into it. Come on, the projectile was like the slowest thing ever and it was so huge!

The Star's huge explosion unleashed a large blast of smoke accompanied by sharp black bolts. Renee watched, her stealth cloaking her again, for any sign of a survivor.

Then the summoner stepped out from the smoke.

Flanked by five floating elemental women.

After obtaining the Eye of the Storm, Sid had been able to craft all of the elemental accessories he'd been obtaining together into a single one, named the Heart of the Elements.