Episode 24.1 - Raw, Unfiltered Calamity

That faceless witch, cloaked in her crimson and gold robes, coated by that bright red force field.

Sid spotting her almost seemed to trigger her sudden charge, flying straight towards them to above their heads. From there she launched two red fireballs straight down that Sid jumped to the side to avoid, the fireballs erupting in a large red explosion on impact with the grass.

He pointed his Daedalus Golems to shoot at her, but she was moving too quick. Their pellet attacks shot straight past her and she was even somehow able to dodge their lightning. It wasn't just him – even Meg seemed to be having trouble, casting slithering eels at the witch, but the eels couldn't reach all the way into the air and kept on falling down to the ground.

"Oh, you stupid eels!" she cursed, trying her two other magic weapons. The icy fireballs from her Frigidflash Bolt proved to be too slow, and same with her Icicle Trident. But due to the spread of shots fired by the trident, she found it was possible to sometimes hit the witch's shield, but it wasn't a lot.

"Arrr!" Red Beard shouted. Surprisingly, he seemed to be having the most luck between the three of them, firing bullets and cannonballs straight up to Calamitas. But then he was hit directly by an exploding fireball and fell to the ground, red flames and smoke rising up from him.

Sid grit his teeth as Calamitas moved closer to the ground some distance away, and began firing magical red skulls along the ground at them. Sid flew upwards to avoid them, but Calamitas just rose with him, and he was hit by one – then two – of the skulls.

"Ouch!" he cried out as his body erupted in red flames. He landed on the ground and began to run away. Fortunately his golems seemed to be finally landing some hits, but with 72,000 total health it would take a lot to defeat Calamitas.

They fought and fought, deftly dodging her fireballs where they could and constantly firing, hoping for damage. But when she dropped below 50,000 health the witch thrust her arms out, blinding red energy emanating from them.

"Look out above!" Meg exclaimed. Sid looked to see a massive volley of red skulls was falling from the sky. He at first kept his neck craned up, running to the side, backward and forwards to dodge the skulls, but then glanced down to see another wave was appearing from just in front of Slimetown's borders and being launched towards them. Being attacked from multiple directions quickly complicated things, and he got hit once... twice... three times, his health quickly dropping.

But mercy was at hand, as the wave of skulls stopped and Calamitas began to move as normal again, throwing more and more fireballs down at them. At that same moment Sid spotted someone emerging from the village.

"Tell me witch, what do you think of ice magic?" Permafrost began waving and weaving his arms. Calamitas seemed to shriek and began throwing fireballs directly at him, but an ice shield quickly formed around the Archmage, protecting him. He began summoning spikes of ice that rotated around him, then pointed them all at the witch and launched them forth, all of them curving through the air and spiking themselves into Calamitas's shield.

"We will send Yharim a message when we banish his witch from our lands!" the Archmage spoke boldly.

With Permafrost's help, Calamitas's health began to fall faster and faster. She went back to shooting at Sid and Meg, but he was quickly getting the hang of dodging her fireballs. The trick was to keep moving and dodging while his summons did the shooty work.

Soon Calamitas's attacks seemed to slow. She flew to a point in mid-air, staying still, her hood just staring down at them. Then she raised her arms again, and two large forms began materialising next to her.

Both shaped like large claws. One made of metal, the other made of darkened, brown flesh. Both with red flames thrusting from their rears. Sid glanced at each of them, reading their labels.