Episode 26.2 - Pest of the Cosmos

William and Robyn flew away from the altar, taking in the sight of the being as its body wound up into the sky from its portal.

The sides of its long body were ringed with shining cyan blades and small orange spikes. Its head had two sets of jaws, with a set of blue eyes just behind it.

William took a look at its life count, hoping it wouldn't be too high.

384,000.

Over double the Plaguebringer Goliath's.

They at least had some stronger weapons than before, but this boss was clearly at a higher level than that infected Queen Bee.

Keep calm, he thought to himself. Keep it together.

He watched as everyone around him started to attack. Meg was the first, launching exploding fireballs from her Forbidden Sun. Sid sent forth his swarm of butterflies to rake along Astrum Deus's body. Robyn began to open fire with her bow, shooting columns of plague bees at the boss.

William himself swung his True Forbidden Oathblade, launching waves of spinning purple spheres. He flew in up close, switching to his higher-damaging Ark of the Ancients. He stuck the blade out in a parry against Astrum Deus's body, charging it up, and dropped downwards, raking the sword down the worm's body.

On landing on the altar he watched as its tail finally came out of the wormhole, its full length now revealed. The worm arced through the air and came down among Sid and Meg, who were quick to run to the side, but that was when lasers began firing from the worm. Starting from its head, then coming rapid-fire from each segment running all the way down its body. All of the lasers aimed at Sid and Meg, but it didn't look like they had too hard of a time dodging it.

Astrum Deus then burrowed down into the ground below them, then emerged next to Robyn. She jumped backwards, flying directly upwards, more arrows firing, but didn't seem to be in any danger.

The worm flew through the air, past some of the citizens who chose to fire at it. The Steampunker fired her assault rifle and the Archmage fired clouds of ice magic. James the Clothier was in his Skeletron form, but he had decided he would just keep an eye on the whole battle and carry any citizens that got injured to safety.

"Let's see that thing get a load of my Fabstaff!" Cirrus shouted, holding out a wand made from gold and pink gold. It fired colourful pink and blue beams that streaked towards Astrum Deus in a rush of light, impacting against it. William was shocked to see it seemed to actually do quite a bit of damage.

"Dang, I'm out of mana already!" Cirrus grumbled.

"I can give you some mana potions if you want," Meg said as she flew past her.

"Mana potions never work on me! I need booze!"

She pulled out a bottle, took a swig, and held out her Fabstaff again.

But then she keeled backward right off the platform. She would have fallen maybe fifty metres had Skeletron not outstretched a hand to catch her.

William turned away from the scene and focussed on Astrum Deus. It had already lost almost 100,000 of its life – they were doing this! Impossibly, they were doing this!

It began to fly horizontally along one of the platforms, chasing Sid as he placed Daedalus Golems in its path to try to slow it down. Sid took to the skies as it began to shoot lasers out of its mouth. But that was when Astrum Deus seemed to emanate some sort of sonic blast along its length.

The first thing that happened was that Sid's wings suddenly seemed to stop working. He fell, landing just behind Astrum Deus's head and bouncing down along its segments before falling off to the side.