Episode 32.2 - Murderswarm

Robyn held the Exotic Pheromones up in the humid jungle air. She wasn't too sure how long it would take for the smell to attract what they were seeking, but almost immediately a Dragonfolly rose up from behind a cliff and swooped straight at them.

Robyn was so surprised that she didn't think to dodge, though the Dragonfolly didn't even deal much damage, and her health was already regenerating back.

She took in the creature's appearance. A bizarre mix of dragon, hawk, and squirrel. Its feathered body was a rusty orange, it had four stubby taloned legs, its tail was long and bushy, and zig-zagging crackles of red energy pulsated from its large flapping wings. It had two pairs of beady red eyes above a brown beak that opened to make a loud, screaming screech.

Two smaller ones suddenly popped out from its side, named Draconic Swarmers, which zipped towards her and Sid while big mama Dragonfolly flapped up a wave of red lightning-feathers that hovered behind it before spearing towards them.

Robyn flew to avoid the lightning-feathers while firing her Monsoon bow at the Draconic Swarmers. They were defeated quite quickly, but every time she killed one the Dragonfolly just spawned out a new one.

"Is this thing is like the bunny rabbit of dragons?" Sid complained. He directed his new Mechworm summon at the Dragonfolly to focus damage onto it. The miniature Devourer-of-Gods-esque summon bit into it and shot it with pink-and-blue lasers. It was similar to his Stardust Dragon from Firstworld in that instead of summoning multiple minions, instead he could make it grow longer and stronger the more minion slots he had.

Focussing down on the Dragonfolly was probably for the best, Robyn thought – the Dragonfolly only had 365,000 health in total. They could finish it much quicker than something like the Devourer of Gods.

Its health fell quickly. The Dragonfolly's eyes and wings began to glow a brighter red, its swoops and lunges became faster, and at one point it spurted out an orb of red particles that hit the ground and burst up a wicked red pillar of light.

"Woah!" Sid shouted. Robyn too felt a bit surprised at this simple creature pulling off that sort of attack, but in terms of posing an actual threat it was all show and not much substance. Their weapons quickly shredded away the rest of the Dragonfolly's health, and it fell to the ground dead, its feathers fluttering into the air.

Robyn flew down to pick up the feathers and the rest of its drops.

"That's step one," Sid said as his summons mopped up the remaining Draconic Swarmers. Once they were done the Elementals started their usual bickering.

"You really think you're hotter than me?" the Brimstone Elemental shouted at one of the Profaned Guardians. "Hey, come over here and say that again!"

"I don't like this place," Sandhee said. "Too much grass. And trees. Where's all the sand?"

"There's sand everywhere if you look hard enough," Anahita said.

"I guess let's get back to the lab," Robyn said.

"Wait," Sid said. "There's one other thing we can do out here." He pointed at the setting sun.

Robyn looked to it. "Please tell me there isn't another Devourer of Gods on the way."

"Okay, there isn't another Devourer of Gods on the way," Sid said. "Instead, the Devourer of Universes is."

She stared at him with an unamused look.

"Kidding. I just want to demonstrate something else I discovered."

Once the sun had set completely, the moon taking its place, Sid took out two items from his inventory.

A pumpkin medallion and a wrapped present with a skull picture on the side.