Episode 31.2 - Scourge of the Universe

The three of them worked fast in the lab's machine room, crafting any weapon they could think of that could be advantageous.

Robyn crafted a new bow named the Monsoon using some Reaper Teeth that had dropped from the Reaper Shark that Renee had slain, along with some other Abyss materials. Two other weapons they crafted were made using Lumenyl from the Abyss, Ruinous Souls from Polterghast, and some Exodium Clusters, which was the unbreakable material that made up the Luminite asteroids that hung in the sky around the lab planetoid. The first was the Night's Gaze for Renee, which was a dark blue javelin weapon that dealt high damage. The second was the Sirius, a summon weapon that Sid used to summon a bright star above his head which shot beams of bright light at enemies.

Robyn knew this was going to be their toughest battle yet, more so than even Cthulhu. She had the Terminus, but its purpose eluded her. All she knew from the Eidolist was that they could use it against Lord Yharim. But what about the Devourer? Would it be of any use against him? Or what if it could only be used once, and using it on the Devourer would just waste any chance against Yharim?

The only clue seemed to be in its name. Terminus. Not far off from the word 'Terminate', she thought.

She, Sid and Renee left the planetoid just after noon, and headed down to the arena they'd set up for Astrum Deus such a long time ago. She was struck with a sudden sense of longing. Astrum Deus was the last boss she'd fought alongside William. And Meg, before she'd unveiled herself as Calamitas.

Now, they were going to take their shot at the Devourer. No, they were defending themselves against the Devourer.

She and Sid built a set of long platforms in the sky high above the arena, while Renee ran around the Astral-infected island chopping down all the monolith-trees for building materials. In truth, all this preparation could end up being for nothing. The Devourer's reputation greatly preceded it, and they were only going to get one chance at survival.

They were going to have to slay the Devourer of Gods, or get eaten trying.

***

"Oh man, did you rip that off a shark!?" Amber exclaimed. "Now that's a weapon!"

Renee spun her Valediction in her hand. "Sure did."

"Is everyone all ready to be evacuated?" Robyn asked the Princess.

"James has already moved the Dryad and Steampunker to a safer place," Faye said. "He should be back soon to pick the rest of us up."

"The thought of the Tyrant's serpent free from its shackles... it gives me chills."

Robyn looked to Amidias as he coughed. He'd fallen to an even lower amount of health than before, clearly in no shape to be up and around.

But the planetoid was no longer safe. Nowhere was safe, really, with what was coming after them.

Once James had returned to pick everyone else up, Robyn and Renee dropped out of the planetoid lab and down to the sky-platforms where Sid was waiting.

"Sundown," he said, peering off into the distance with a hand over his forehead. "This is it."

Robyn watched as he swung his Calamari's Lament to summon his large shoal of squid, followed by his Sirius star. The Elementals and Profaned Guardians were already hovering around him, the Elementals being surprisingly quiet.

"You'll see me at the end of this," Renee said, fading away into her stealth.

Robyn looked back to the sunset and notched an arrow in her new Monsoon bow. It seemed like a very powerful weapon damage-wise, as it could fire Typhoon arrows that summoned swirling waterspouts on impact, which could surely deal lots of damage to the Devourer. But would it be enough?