Episode 35.3 - Onslaught of Beasts

The army charged forward. Yells, roars and shrieks pierced the air.

Robyn found herself leading the charge, straight at Yharim, her Exoblade held to the side, ready to strike. William was by her side, with his Ark of the Cosmos held up in the air, and Sid had summoned forth his entire armada of summons, including the Elementals and Profaned Guardians. A Sepulcher ran alongside him while a Draconid flew above him.

Yharim didn't charge himself, instead pointing out with his sword, indicating for his army to move forward. They stayed in formation, the soldiers at the front holding out Galvanising Glaives like lances, while the soldiers directly behind lobbed electricity-inducing mines overhead and another line flew upwards, a variety of laser weaponry ready to fire.

The line of weapons did nothing to deter the oncoming forces. Robyn slashed with her Exoblade before any of the lancers even had a chance to thrust their weapons forward, knocking the entire line backwards. William did the same with his own weapon, and Sid's summons began to carve into the lines.

Renee came out of her stealth to hurl a stealth strike with her Ghoulish Gouger, the weapon launching a wave of phantoplasmic souls that rushed out and into several of Yharim's soldiers to deal damage. The Archmage cast himself upwards on a pillar of ice and began firing streams of frost forward, freezing an entire group of soldiers with Gatling Lasers.

The bosses and citizens quickly caught up. Some fell quickly, casualties in battle, like the King Slime that got immediately blown to bits by a soldier wielding an electric flail, but the Queen Slime paid retribution by slamming herself directly on top. The Arms Dealer and Demolitionist were raised into the air by a platform of Permafrost's ice, and they began firing bullets and throwing explosives respectively at Yharim's forces.

"Fourteen!" Durim counted. "Fifteen!"

"Your sci-fi stuff ain't no match for traditional bullets and explosives!" Tony shouted at Yharim's forces.

"And not for paint either!"

"Luigi!" both Durim and Tony exclaimed as the Painter was risen up on ice beside them.

Luigi smiled. "Let's settle this once and for all, who the best slayer truly is!"

Omicron the Cyborg-Ravager, with Whitney the Steampunker riding atop its heavy bulk, surged forward. Its huge size meant it quickly became a target for laser fire from Yharim's army, so it did a leap upwards and slammed the ground, causing several large pillars of rock to rise from the earth in front of it, some of the pillars bowling over a few of Yharim's soldiers. Zop'a and Red Beard took cover behind the rock, the Witch Doctor expertly firing poisoned darts straight into the soldiers' skin. The Pirate set up a line of cannons and began running back and forth along the line firing cannonballs into the army.

Several more larger bosses moved forward. Astrum Aureus leapt cleanly over both Ravager and its rock wall defence, beginning to drive back the lines with its stomps. The Plaguebringer Goliath flew up in the air, launching an array of tactical plague nukes into enemy lines.

Robyn landed on top of the Ravager next to Whitney, firing her bow all across the oncoming army. A figure popped into existence next to her, giving her a quick fright, but she realised it was Renee.

"Robyn! This is crazy! What did I miss?"

Robyn couldn't resist smiling. "Quite a bit, but your sacrifice wasn't in vain. The Devourer went down, thanks to you!"

"Good!" Renee threw a handful of Sealed Singularities forward that created small black holes to crush Yharim's soldiers together. "That Devourer was all around me, his constriction killing me. It was strange, I felt myself rising like a ghost, and everything went black. I thought it was the end... but next thing I knew I was walking through that portal!" She jerked her hand backwards. "How did you do it?"