Episode 31.1 - Servants of the Scourge

Sid uncorked his Profaned Guardians and Elementals as Storm Weaver chased him into the air. Rain – thankfully the non-acidic kind – began to fall around them, dark clouds forming overhead, a flash of thunder reflecting off Storm Weaver's scales.

His wings ran out of flight time and he was forced to dive, just missing being hit again by Storm Weaver's head. He looked into its beady electric-blue eyes, watched its tiny pincer-mouth snap, and cast a squid to stick itself around its head.

There was just one problem. His minions were doing barely any damage. All along its body orange number 0's were rising, signifying that its armour was completely blocking their attacks.

"What did you get yourself into this time, Sid?" the Brimstone Elemental shouted. "I'd rather my enemies be defeatable, thank you very much!"

"At least the weather's nice!" the Cloud Elemental said. "Clouds, rain, and thunder is my cup of tea! So soothing and pleasant!"

"I don't like rain," Sandhee muttered. "It's wet, moist, soggy, and it gets everywhere."

"Break it up," Sid shouted. "It must have a weakness somewhere..."

That was when Sid noticed one of his squid summons hit the lightning-bolt that stuck out of Storm Weaver's tail. Saw the number 168 rising instead of a big fat 0.

"We've got to hit its tail!" he yelled. "Pretend it's a lightning rod, and you're the lightning!"

The Profaned Guardians threw themselves at the Storm Weaver's tail, sticking themselves to it and blazing it with holy flames. Fireballs were thrown from the Brimstone Elemental, tornadoes were cast from Sandy and the Cloud Elemental. Sid glided down towards the forest that bordered the Sulphurous Sea, watching as Storm Weaver swooped after him. A lightning orb was summoned from its tail, which blasted lightning bolts at him that he dodged to the side to avoid.

Within seconds Storm Weaver's armour plating was shedded, revealing fleshy purple skin beneath. Its spines and jaws were now magenta. With the weight of its armour gone, it seemed to pick up speed, gaining on Sid, so he chose to make a sharp turn straight upwards, Storm Weaver passing underneath him.

He watched as it curved around and charged for him again, but again he dodged. Sid noticed his summons were raking their attacks all along Storm Weaver now, and dealing damage all along it – the armour shedding must've made it vulnerable. But that didn't make it any less dangerous.

Sid took to the skies again, only to suddenly plunge into frigid cold weather, flakes of snow strewn through the air. He looked down – odd. They weren't over a snow biome. Then he looked back at the approaching Storm Weaver and began to wonder if the boss had a hand in the drastic weather change. It had to be called Storm Weaver for a reason.

Cactuses. If that thing is this powerful, who knows what big daddy DoG-worm must be like?

He stopped flapping his wings, intentionally plunging downwards, causing Storm Weaver to pass straight over him. He then flew in the opposite direction, passing underneath Storm Weaver's tail, but suddenly had to bank to the left to avoid a large falling wave of frost from the sky.

He had to zig-zag around more and more falling frost waves, also keeping an eye behind to make sure Storm Weaver wasn't about to catch up to him. He saw its health had almost fallen beneath half – he was doing this!

Another flash of lightning, turning the cloudy grey sky pure white for a split second. Storm Weaver was suddenly right behind Sid, and he was slammed for a whopping 350 damage.

His wings gave out at the same moment, causing him to fall to the forest below. Looking up, he saw Storm Weaver coiling into a circle in the sky, stirring up what looked like a massive white whirlwind.