Episode 25.2 - The Great Sand Jaws

The decision to leave Slimetown for good hadn't been an easy one.

After Calamitas and now the Plaguebringer Goliath, it was clear that Yharim knew where they had settled, and staying there would only lead to another attack.

Henceforth, on the morning after the Plaguebringer Goliath's invasion, they set off in a northerly direction, indicated by Robyn's Purple Seeking Mechanism.

They stored as many of the essential items and materials from their chests in their inventory as they could. Sid crafted Void Bags for all of them as well to expand their carrying capacity. William took down the Codebreaker, all its components, the Power Cell Factories and the Charging Stations, leaving the warehouse completely empty.

With them travelled the few citizens that had survived the Plaguebringer's assault. James the Clothier. Whitney the Steampunker. Bart the Angler. Faye the Princess. Cirrus the not-so-drunk Princess. Roxanne the Stylist. Permafrost the Archmage. Nissa the Dryad had also survived, but she hadn't regained any sort of consciousness since arriving, still in a strange grey stasis. She walked with James and Whitney, but if left alone she would just stand still and do nothing.

Their journey involved them following the purple trail of light emanated by Robyn's new Seeking Mechanism, first taking them through what was left of the Lavender biome. They were travelling in largely the same direction William and Sid had come from, and soon enough they came to the desert they had first appeared in when entering Secondworld.

The sun began to set, so they set up camp for the night in the middle of the desert. William placed some campfires to coat them in the warmth of light as the temperature of the usually warm biome dropped dramatically.

Sid rubbed his hands together, watching as Meg came to sit by him.

"Sid, can we talk?" she asked.

"Yeah?"

She reached out, putting her hands on her knees. "About that gun you used when we were fighting the Plaguebringer Goliath... do you remember what I said?"

"You said not to use guns, to just focus on my summons," Sid said. "I know. It was just..." he sighed. "That fight was hard, Meg. It's almost as though it was later in progression than when we were meant to take it on."

"Maybe, but look. Sid... I'm worried about you."

He stared at her. "Who are you, and what have you done with Meg?"

"I'm serious! You've always been good with your summons, getting them to deal loads of damage while you focus on avoiding taking damage. So whenever you feel like trying to blast bosses yourself... it opens up that risk that you'll get too consumed by rage, then make a mistake and... you know, die."

Sid raised a hand to his chin, thinking about her words.

She was right. She was always right.

"I won't die," Sid said softly.

He felt her patting his shoulder. "You don't have to constantly go at this alone. We're all in on this. We'll all be there to take on whatever challenges rise in our path."

He nodded, looking into Meg's eyes as she stood up and walked over to survey the desert.

He looked to William and asked, "What do you think we'll get once we find the last lab? Stronger weapons?"

He shrugged. "Remember what Draedon wrote in his first schematic? 'I will know by the end if you are worthy of using the full power of my laboratories to travel between worlds.' We'll be able to use them to take the fight to Yharim once we're strong enough."