Episode 26.3 - Interstellar Stomper

As Permafrost rose, more ice began to form beneath him. It snaked around him, forming a radial construction shaped like the cube he had once been trapped in. But much bigger. Spikes began to form hovering in mid-air around the cube as it rotated, the icicles starting to spin like the orbit of an asteroid field. Further frosty foundations formed below, rising the entire structure into the air, giving it presence.

And, William realised, attracting the attention of the Astrum Deus worms.

They both resounded with metallic whirs and shot towards Permafrost's construction like missiles, blasting through the ice spike defences and striking against the hard edges of the cube.

Astrum Aureus, meanwhile, kept its attention on William, landing hard in front of him on all four of its legs. But suddenly a swarm of butterflies flitted around it, and arrows begun pouring into it from afar. Green magic rays began piercing into it as Meg landed next to him.

"We've got your back!" she shouted.

Astrum Aureus gave a deep roar and began launching up some projectiles that to William looked like they were shaped like glowing frogs that flew through the air with a pair of orange legs. The frogs arced downwards and flew towards him and Meg, but they dodged by jumping upwards.

Robyn stood at a distance, firing her bow at the massive metal spider. Things seemed bad, but she was feeling confident they could do this.

That was when a figure dressed in dark clothing appeared in front of her.

The rogue!

She raised her arms. "Archer, I need to –"

Robyn fired a plague arrow straight into the rogue's heart. She grunted from the damage, then jumped backwards.

"Help! It's the rogue!" Robyn shouted.

That was a bad idea, Renee thought as the warrior came swooping down at her, his massive sword swinging. She threw her Epidemic Shredder to knock his blade aside, then unleashed a flurry of Fantasy Talismans into his face. By the time William had waved the magic cards away, the rogue seemed to have disappeared.

Not a great time for her to show up, he thought.

Robyn started firing arrows indiscriminately at where the rogue had disappeared into. One of the arrows stuck in the air, an orange damage number rising into the air.

"She's over there!" she shouted.

Some more arrows made contact, before the blue flash of a magic mirror being used popped up.

She's gone, Robyn realised.

William hefted up his blade. "Let's get back to the fight."

Meanwhile, Meg had drawn Astrum Aureus some distance away, blasting it constantly with her Gatling Laser, but it was growing faster and faster. It made a large jump at her, which she reacted to by dashing forward, underneath the creature. Astrum Aureus turned and began to charge after her again but a miniature Plantera slammed into its largest eye on its front.

"Attack me, creature!" Sid shouted.

Astrum Aureus changed course and charged straight for him. He flew towards one of the platforms, dodging the lasers that the mechanized spider shot at him. A projectile that looked like a blue planet with a flaming set of rings orbiting it fired from its top that shot towards him. Sid weaved past the planet, but it curved around and shot back towards him. He jumped off the platform, the planet shooting down after him and exploding against the ground.

Astrum Aureus made one of its massive jumps at him, but Sid weaved to the side, easily avoiding getting impaled by any of its legs.

He looked to its health count. Already getting low – the combined forces of all of their weapons was tearing through it.