Episode 34.3 - Stained, Brutal Calamity

Calamitas's thoughts were dark as she stared down her opponent.

No more holding back.

He'll wish for his demise. He thinks he's invincible, but I see through his hollow lie.

I've seen how far he's come. How many he's slain.

I'll gladly tear his limbs apart, before he starts to kill again.

Waves and waves of red.

Hellblasts, emerging from the edges of her realm.

He immediately got to action. He flew away from the hellblasts first, then found a sizeable gap between them and shimmied his way through, banking left, right and up and down. Some more shot from above, which he also began to dodge. Again, he had no problem dodging those, but that was just a taste, to gauge his movement capabilities. The real fight was just beginning.

She flew into the arena and summoned a creature of her own. The Sepulcher – a living tomb comprised of a worm-like body with arms and hands protruding from each segment that it used to pull itself through her domain, roaring as it shot towards the summoner. She then launched the Sepulcher's external organs, threads shooting from each of them to hang from the ceiling of her domain.

His summons seemed to realise the organs were the Sepulcher's weak spot before even he did. The cosmic sigil that followed him around began launching exploding star-like projectiles while the Draconid wreaked its way through a line of Sepulcher hearts.

She was not going to let this be easy for him. She started throwing brimstone hellblasts at him, which he dropped downward to avoid. So she matched his movements, continuing to move down as he did and throwing hellblasts forward at him.

Then she decided to throw two gigablasts, which were larger, slower projectiles that exploded into a circle of brimstone darts. The summoner again managed to weave his way around her attacks. Betraying no frustration, she morphed her force field into a skull and shot herself towards him.

He shot upwards, so she rotated in that direction and lunged again. This time she slammed through him, dealing massive damage to his health. She couldn't resist smiling beneath her hood.

Around that time his summons managed to finish off all of the Sepulcher's hearts, causing the Sepulcher itself to fall to pieces with the sound of crackling energy. No matter. She decided to dial up her fire rate, flinging hellblasts at him faster and faster. His summons came after her now, but she was protected in her force field, a barrier with 1.8 million health. She kept firing and firing, many different kinds of brimstone spells, but he managed to dodge them all.

She supposed she should have been expecting this. Yharim had seen the summoner and the archer as a true threat the moment his dragon had been killed by their hand.

And as soon as Draedon's machinery had detected their portal breaching the continuum of the Nexus, Yharim had sent her after him. To intercept them both before they could reach him.

Something told her the summoner had scaled greatly in his power since they'd last met. Were he to win, she knew it would be her final hour, even if she survived.

Meg was gone. If she had still been Meg, he would give her mercy.

But there was no chance of that. As she had told him, Meg was dead. She was Calamitas.

What the summoner had said to her about Yharim just before came back to her. Was this the right path she'd taken? Were her morals correct, or mistaken?

Was she sure she wanted to slay those that could defeat Yharim and save the Nexus?