Chapter One

Abigail's POVI knock seven times on Phoebe's door and she opens it slightly

Abigail's POV
I knock seven times on Phoebe's door and she opens it slightly. "User?"

I roll my eyes. "Abby2869."

She opens the door widely and I push past her. I drop my folders onto her bed and sit down beside Yasmin. Everyone was here for our Friday night sleepover.

Technically not allowed so we have to be smart about it.

Phoebe and Carmen live in the Colt dorms, Yasmin and Tess live in Max Dorm and Gracelyn and I live in the Brook dorm.

"A folder seriously Abby?" Tess whines.

"I like to be organised," I huff. "Something that obviously isn't in your vocabulary."

"What is all that anyway?" Carmen asks.

"All the events this year," I answer. "And since you guys are my friends, you are on the committee."

"I didn't agree to this," Gracelyn says.

"Actually you did," I state. "That signature three months ago was it."

They all groan. "I hate dances," Phoebe whines.

"I'm only going to get you to do the stuff you like," I say. "I will leave Yasmin and Tess for the dances."

"Can I do the bake-off?" Tess asks.

"No," I growl. "Not after last year."

Phoebe laughs. "That was so funny seeing Mr Peterson high as a kite."

"I can't believe you didn't get caught," Yasmin says.

"Did anyone get in trouble for that?"  Carmen questions.

"I don't think so," Tess answers. "Hell the teachers probably loved every second of it."

"Oh, one hundred percent," Phoebe says. "I swear I've seen coach light up a couple of doobies after practice."

Phoebe plays football. And with the guys too. When she first told us, we told her that was a suicide mission.

I mean they would literally pummel her.

But then we all went and watched her play her first game. She was like The Flash out there.

Yeah in the end she had a few bruises, but she still had a smile on her face.

Tess used to run track, but then she failed the urine test at nationals. She never was into it anyway, it was just to keep her mother off her back.

Tess, Carmen and Yasmin are triplets. And their mum is a handful. Their dad died when they were thirteen from stomach cancer.

It affected their mum real bad. She never leaves her house and has been to the whacko hospital a couple of times.

"When's your first game?" Tess asks.

"28th of August," Phoebe answers.

"We will all be there," Carmen says.

"That means a lot coming from you," Phoebe says. "I know you hate the stadium."

"I like watching football, I just hate all the people," Carmen mumbles.

Carmen was just a little shy.

*

Carmen's POV"I can't believe we are seniors," Yasmin says

Carmen's POV
"I can't believe we are seniors," Yasmin says. "I swear it was just yesterday that I was meeting all of you guys."

We all met in our freshman year. It was orientation day. Tess, Yasmin and I stayed by each other's side as we didn't know anybody else. Tess met Phoebe and Gracelyn in her group and Yasmin and I met Abigail.

We all sat together at lunch and we've been friends ever since.

"I can believe I'm a senior," I say. "Not so much the rest of you."

"Funny," Tess deadpans.

"Watch this bitch go to Harvard while I'm stuck at community college," Gracelyn huffs.

"Maybe if you-"

"I'm dyslexic," Gracelyn says, cutting me off. "I am trying, it's just harder for me."

"Your probably dyslexic 'cause you have square eyes," Phoebe snorts.

"I was born with it, y'a dumb shit," Gracelyn says, her Texan accent sweeping through.

She tries to hide it, but when she's angry it comes out.

"Did you go back to Texas for break?" Abigail asks Gracelyn

"Yeah I did," she answers. "I missed my grandparents and I even got to see some of my cousins."

"Awe you met, Zoe?" Yasmin whines. "I see her all over your hot cousin's Instagram."

"How's his band going?" Phoebe asks.

"Get a couple of gigs here and there," Gracelyn says. "Still working with his dad though."

"How are Steve and Charlene?" I ask.

"They are well," Gracelyn says. "Misses you though."

Steve and Charlene are my godparents. We always had a close bond. Especially since I was daddy's little girl, so wherever dad went, I went.

And most of the time it was to Steve's garage. We were born in California but we moved back to Texas when dad got sick. He wanted to be close to his family before the time come.

"Yeah, I will call him during the week," I murmur.

"I can't believe you got Steve and Charlene, while I got smelt like vomit Aunt Chelsea," Yasmin huffs.

"Hey I'd take Aunt Chelsea any day over Uncle Jim," Tess says. "How he's allowed near children is beyond me."

"I could never wear a bikini around him," Yasmin says and shudders.

"Your whole family sounds fucked up," Gracelyn says. "But who am I to judge, my dad, is an abusive asshole."

"My mum had schizophrenia," Phoebe says.

We all turn to Abigail and she shrugs. "I'm related to Jeffrey Dahmer."

We all burst out laughing.

Maybe this was why we were all friends.