Chapter Twenty Two

Abigail's POV"Thanks again Aaron," I say

Abigail's POV
"Thanks again Aaron," I say. "I owe you one."

"It's no issue," he says. "I owed my brother a favour."

I walk away from the DJ table and glance around the gym. Yasmin and I did a pretty good job decorating the place.

Everyone is also in a good mood because the football team won the Homecoming game. They then do a ceremony where they give out an award in my father's name. The Porter player of the match.

Coincidentally it was given to Damien. He did play pretty well.

"We outdid ourselves," Mark says.

"Yeah it looks awesome," I say. "Aaron is hyping the dance floor too."

"Yeah he's alright," Mark says. "Would you like a drink?"

"Sure," I say. Mark pours me some punch and I take a sip. "So no date?"

"Uh no," Mark says. "You?"

"No," I answer.

"Not even Damien?" He questions. "He seems like the type to piss all over you to claim his territory."

"We are just science partners," I murmur.

"Oh yeah?" Mark questions. "So why is he glaring at me?"

I turn my head and see Damien in the corner with his football team. Yasmin was there with Michael and Gracelyn was also there with Pinkie.

I turn back to Mark and my eyes widen when Mark kisses me. I push him away and stare at him agape. "What was that?" I demand.

He shrugs. "I wanted to kiss you."

"But why?" I ask.

"Well cause I like you," he says. "I want to be with you, Abby."

Oh no. This is not how I saw this going tonight.

"Something wrong?" I hear Damien's voice.

"None of your business," Mark spat.

"Abby my friend and she looks rather uncomfortable," Damien states.

"That's funny, 'cause she said you were just science partners," Mark says.

Damien frowns. "You think we are just science partners?"

"Aren't we?" I question.

"So run along jock," Mark says. "And maybe mind your own business."

"I'm not just a jock," Damien growls. "And I'd stop making fun of football players since Abigail's father was a famous one."

"Wait the porter award is after your dad?" Mark asks.

"You didn't know that?" Damien laughs. "I'm so surprised since your so in love with Abby."