Chapter Twenty Five

Abigail's POVDamien watches me as I sit down next to him in science

Abigail's POV
Damien watches me as I sit down next to him in science. "Hey," he says.

"Hello," I say.

"You haven't been to class in a while," he states.

"Well, you had to do the next three assignments remember?" I question, raising an eyebrow.

"I did," he says. "C, B and B+."

"Good," I mutter.

"Abby I'm sorry," he says. "About homecoming."

"No, I am," I sigh. "I overreacted. You didn't do anything wrong."

"I shouldn't have but in," Damien says. "I just- I was jealous."

"Jealous?"

"Well I want to kiss you that way," Damien says. "I was gonna ask you to homecoming but I got the impression you went with Mark."

"I was there alone," I whisper.

"I know that now," he huffs.

I smile a little. "Maybe we could grab lunch after class?" I suggest.

He nods. "I'd love that."

We get through class pretty easily and then Damien and I head down to the subway. I get what I get every time I go.

Meatballs, cheddar cheese (extra), tomato, lettuce and pickles.

We then sit on a park bench and share some cookies too.

"I like you, Abby," he says. "I know we've been a bit rocky lately, but I want to pursue this."

"I like you too," I whisper. "But I feel like I know nothing about you."

"Alright," he says. "Well, I have two siblings. You've met my twin brother Aaron and my younger sister who's ten Quinn. My mother is a nurse full-time and my dad is a cardiologist."

"Cardiologist is the heart right?" I question.

Damien scoffs. "It's fucking ironic cause he doesn't have one himself."

"You don't get along with your dad?" I question.

"No," he answers. "He was the reason I was away for the week. He will cheat on my mum, she will find out and I have to go back and pick up the pieces."

"I'm so sorry," I say. "I understand in a way. My mum cheated on my dad."

"And your dad is a fucking famous football player," Damien says. "Tough break."

"I don't speak with my mother because of it," I say. "I never understood why she could do that to someone she loved."

"I get that," Damien says. "I didn't believe in relationships for a long time. I thought I would be like my father."