Chapter Thirty Five

Gracelyn's POVThe football team lost the first round of sectionals

Gracelyn's POV
The football team lost the first round of sectionals. Phoebe didn't play obviously.

I'm surprised just one player missing made a difference. While Yasmin, Tess, Abigail and I waited for the guys, I noticed an older guy in a suit standing in the shadows. "Does anybody know him?" I whisper.

"He doesn't look familiar," Yasmin whispers back. Tess and Abby shake their head.

The boys walk out, their heads hung. Jason walks over to me with a sad smile. "Hey."

"Sorry about the game," I whisper.

He shrugs. "I guess our heads just weren't in it."

"You sure?" I question. "I swear I saw Billy's head coming out of the top of his pants."

Jason laughs and wraps his arms around me. "I love you."

"Love you too," I whisper.

"Excuse me?" Jason and I pull apart and we see the guy who was standing in the shadows. He was quite an attractive man. Late 40's I'm guessing, and grey hair but made him even hotter.

"Can we help you?" Jason asks, politely.

The older guy looked awkward. "Are you Jason Pinkard?"

"How do you know my name?" Jason demands.

"Is your mum Maxine Pinkard?" He asks.

"Dude seriously your freaking me the fuck out," Jason growls.

The guy releases a shaky breath. "I may be your father."

Jason freezes and his eyes widen.

"What's your name sorry?" I ask him.

"Andrew," he answers.

"And why do you think you're Jason's dad?" I question. Jason was still just staring at Andrew.

"I met your mum nineteen years ago," Andrew states. "I was in a bad place. I got hooked on heroin. I've been clean for seventeen years now, but I met your mum at one of the parties. We hooked up a few times, but I called it off when I found out she was sleeping with five other guys."

"Sounds like her," Jason mutters.

"I saw her last week," Andrew says. "Told me I should come down here and see the son I abandoned."

"She told you that?" I whisper.

"I don't want to sound like a dick," Andrew says. "But I'd like to do a DNA test. To make sure you're mine."

"How can I believe you?" Jason asks.

"You have every reason not to," Andrew whispers. "But if you are my son, I'd like to get to know you. Hear everything about the years I've missed."