Chapter Thirteen

Abigail's POVI glance around the meeting room annoyed when I see no Alison

Abigail's POV
I glance around the meeting room annoyed when I see no Alison. We are running ten minutes late because of her.

"Why are we even waiting for her?" Josie snaps. "She doesn't give a shit."

"Just start Abby," Mark murmurs. I nod and stand up.

"Okay guys, the first topic is the bake-off," I say. "I promise Tess will not be participating this year." I hear a few thank gods. "My friend Carmen is helping me with some treats and I'd appreciate everyone here making some as well."

"Same rules apply?" Harmony asks.

"Yes," I answer. "Contestants must sell their products for a dollar each. Whoever earns the most at the end of the day will get to donate all the money to the charity of their choosing."

The door to the meeting room slams open and Alison stumbles in. Her hair was in a messy bus, her lipstick was smeared and her dress was barely covering the stuff it needed to.

Not hard to tell what she was just doing.

"Sorry I'm late," she chirps. "Something important came up."

"Your so full of shit Alison," Josie snaps. "I don't know why you're still on the committee."

"Because you need me," Alison snaps. "No one else wants to do this stupid job."

"Yes, they do," I pipe in. "Alison your off the committee."

"You can't do this to me," she screeches. "I was the president before you."

"And not a very good one," Mark mutters.

"You're always late," I state. "You never come up with any ideas and I notice that the raffle money for the bus for the school band went missing. I chipped in my own money to pay it."

"Yeah she took it," Harmony says. "I saw her on the corner buying pills from some drug dealer."

"You will regret getting rid of me," she snaps. "You watch."

She storms out the door and as soon as they shut everyone cheers. We get through the rest of the meeting easily, and we even finish two minutes early.

That never happens with Alison.

Everyone leaves except Mark and I cause we are the ones that pack up. "Did you watch the game Saturday?" He asks.

"Yeah I did," I say. "We were all freezing our asses off, but they were grateful I brought ponchos."

"You always prepared," Mark chuckles.

"Did you watch?" I ask.

"I was smart and stayed in my dorm watching the live stream," he teases. We walk out of the meeting room and I lock it up. "You up to much Friday night?" He asks.