Chapter Forty Two

Tess's POVIt was so nice to watch Logan with his family on Christmas Eve

Tess's POV
It was so nice to watch Logan with his family on Christmas Eve. Patricia made hot cocoa and then Logan sat at the piano and played Christmas carols.

Honestly, it was kind of hot.

I got a Christmas miracle last night. Twice.

We woke up and Ross was dressed as Santa. He handed out the presents until they got to the last one, which was for me.

"What's this?" I question.

Patricia smiles. "Merry Christmas Tess."

I open up the envelope and my heart stops at the cover. "Columbia University?" I croak. "What's this about?"

"I have friends that work on the board," Ross states. "Logan told me you wanted to be a nurse."

"I-I'm going to Columbia?"

Ross nods. "Early Decision."

A weird noise comes out of my throat. "But I don't even have the grades for it," I whisper.

"You can get them up," Ross says. "Do you not like the" he grunts as I pounce into his arms.

"Thank you," I murmur.

"Can I give her my gift now?" Lilian whines.

I pull away from Ross and wipe my eyes. I wasn't crying, something got in them. "You got me something?" I croak.

Lilian nods excitingly and rushes off to her room. She comes back with a bag and pushes it in my direction. "Here."

I take the bag and sit back down beside Logan. I peek into the bag and smile. I pull the flower pot out and send a questioning gaze to Logan. He shrugs. "Thanks, Lilian," I say.

"I heard Logan say you like pot," Lilian says. "So I bought you a pot."

Patricia chokes on her coffee while Ross bites his knuckle trying not to laugh. I was dying of embarrassment. Good job Logan, now your parents know I smoke pot.

"I'll go see how the chefs are doing with lunch," Patricia says. She struts off and both Logan and Ross burst out laughing.

"This isn't funny," I hiss to Logan. "Your mum doesn't like me already."

"She will calm down," Ross says. "And Patricia doesn't hate you, Tess."

"I know that," I huff. "She doesn't like the things I do though."

"She grew up in a very strict household," Ross murmurs.

"She's also a bit more bitchy when dad hasn't tapped that in a while," Logan says.

Ross glares at him. "Don't talk about your mother that way."

"You know I'm right," Logan huffs.

"Anyway," Ross growls. "I don't judge you for smoking Tess," Ross states. "I used to smoke it back in medical school before I took the big tests."

"Wow," I awe.

"But don't let it control your life," Ross says. "You can't keep smoking it. Especially if you want children."

"It affects that?" I question.

"It can affect the fétus," Ross answers.

"Ross that's enough," Patricia snaps. "Kids why don't you go upstairs and get changed into your lunch clothes."

Logan nods and takes me upstairs. We stop in his room and I raise an eyebrow. "Lunch clothes?" I question. "Am I supposed to have a whole different outfit for dinner?"

"You don't have to," Logan says. "But my mum is a bit high-strung about it."

Jesus Christ.

*

Yasmin's POVI sit on Michael's bed and fiddle with the bag in my hand

Yasmin's POV
I sit on Michael's bed and fiddle with the bag in my hand. I bought it two days ago when I was late for my period.

That's right, a pregnancy test.

I've never been late, I was always early or on time.

I can't be pregnant.

I do my business and then wait by the sink while the results are set. It was a lot to think about. Was I going to keep this baby? Put it up for adoption? How the hell was I going to tell Michael?

My phone alarm goes off and I pick up the pregnancy stick.

My heart stops.

I'm pregnant.

"Fuck," I croak. I chuck the test in the trash and hide it with the toilet rolls. There's a knock at the bathroom door and then Michael peeps his head inside.

"You good?" He questions. "You've been in here a while."

"I'm fine," I murmur. "Is dinner ready?"

"Yeah," he answers. "Nathan and Phoebe just got here too."

Michael leads me downstairs and holds my chair out for me at the dining room table. I smile at Nathan and Phoebe covering my shock at how sick he looks.

"Merry Christmas," I tell them.

"Merry Christmas," Nathan says weakly.

The smell of dinner catches my nose and I suddenly feel nauseated. I jump up from my chair and rush off to Michael's bathroom. I fall to my knees and start throwing up in the toilet.

Seconds later I feel a hand rubbing my back. "You okay?" Michael murmurs.

"No," I croak.

"You want some water?" He asks.

I nod and slowly sit myself up against the wall. Michael walks back in and hands me a glass. I slowly take a sip and feel my stomach settle a little. "Michael I need to tell you something," I croak.

"What's up?" He sits beside me and pats my knee.

"I'm pregnant," I whisper.

His eyes widen and his mouth opens but then shuts again. He does that a few times and then rubs his head.  "You sure?"

"I am late and I took a test," I say. "It came back positive."

"We should go to the doctor and make sure," Michael murmurs. "I can get us in tomorrow."

I nod. "That would be good."

"W-what do you want to do?" Michael asks. "I mean, do you want to keep it?"

"I-I don't know," I answer honestly. "It's a lot to think about."

"Our parents are gonna kill us," Michael chuckles.

"Thank god mine is in prison," I joke. Michael leans over to kiss me but I stop him. "Michael I just threw up, you ain't kissing me."

"Yeah alright," he says. "I love you, Yasmin, I'll be by your side, no matter what with this."

"I love you too," I murmur.

We will get through this