Chapter Twenty

Gracelyn's POVJason's hand tightens in mine

Gracelyn's POV
Jason's hand tightens in mine. "I'm nervous," he whispers. "What happens if they don't like me?"

"They will," I laugh, kissing our intertwined hands. "Plus I'll find you much hotter if she disapproves of you."

"That's not helping," he mutters.

The limo pulls up and Jason helps me out of it. We head into the restaurant and I glance around the tables. I see mum and Beau up the back, Beau was checking the wine list and my mum was on her phone. "Hey guys," I say, as we get closer to the table. "I'd like you to meet my boyfriend Jason."

"Nice to meet you, Jason," mum says, standing up and hugging him. "Gracelyn has told me so much about you."

"I Hope good things,' Jason chuckles.

"Please sit down," Beau says. Jason and I make ourselves comfortable across from them. "How was the drive here?"

"It was great," I answer. "I told you not to send a limo though."

"Does he ever listen?" Mum says.

I chuckled shaking my head. "So what have you two been up to?"

"Well Beau is taking me to the Bahamas for my birthday," mum says. "So we will have to do a dinner or something the week before."

"That's fine," I say.

"Will you be joining us, Jason?" Mum asks.

"I'd love to," he says.

"You okay football don't you?" Beau asks. "With Michael and Phoebe?"

"That's correct," Jason says.

"Is that your future?" Beau asks.

"It could be, but I'm keeping my options open," Jason says.

"What do your parents do Jason?" Mum asks.

"I've never met my dad and my mum is unemployed," Jason answers. "I live with my grandfather if I'm not at the academy."

"That's very noble of him," mum says. "What does he do?"

"He served in the military," Jason answers. "He was a bit of a gambler but stopped when he took me under his wing."

"Well we'd love to meet him sometime," mum says. "No siblings?"

"Only child I'm afraid," Jason says. "Gracelyn is your only child?"

"She is," Mum answers. "But I see Beau's children as my own too."

"As I do Gracelyn," Beau says. "So I'd like to know what your intentions are?"

I groan. "Beau!"

"I like Gracelyn," Jason says. "She's an amazing girl and I hope she's in my life for a while."